Fashion in the Forest: Chic for Cheap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

So, you’re in college now. With this lovely time in your life comes costs. Lots of them. There are books and clothes and food to pay for … especially the build-up of that hefty Chipotle bill. 

And on top of all of that, comes your sad, sad desire for this closet:

Plus, this is Wake Forest, home to the most frustratingly beautiful and trendy student body. While nobody is obligated to follow the trends (be yourself!), for some of us, it gets hard to keep up with our fellow deacs and their seemingly bottomless budgets. But fear not, collegiettes, for Fashion in the Forest now features a solution to your problems: Chic for Cheap.

Chic for Cheap will feature the most stylin’ ladies from the real world, and match their looks for less. So go ahead and indulge in that off-campus meal, because now, there’s no need to drop a hundred on another Free People slip.

Without further ado, here’s the first edition of Chic for Cheap!

ROSIE HUNTINGTON-WHITELEY, actress/model

Rosie, being a former supermodel, can pull off any look. Above, she sports a look that is perfect for the coming transition to cooler weather. The light shirt contrasts with a bolder bottom pairing of black peep-toe booties and ripped jeans. Her addition of a light blue necklace also brings a tease of summer into play.

We’ve recreated a cheaper version of the entire look below, with the overall price totaling as little as $77.96. To keep it even cheaper, try only buying a shirt and jeans, then make it your own with personal accessories.

Life in Progress Ripped Skinny Jeans for $24.90 at Forever 21

Stylish Plunging Neck Geometric Pattern Long Sleeves Chiffon Women’s Shirt for $14.63 at RoseGal

New Look Geo Dip Back Grandad Shirt for $35.81 at ASOS

Southwestern-Inspired Diamond Print Popover for $14.90 at Forever 21

Double Take Chunky Peep-Toe Booties for $30.44 at GoJane

Buckled Block-Heel Sandals for $32.90 at Forever 21

Necklace with Pendant for $7.99 at H&M

Geometric Lariat Layering Necklaces – 2 Pack for $6 at Charlotte Russe

Whichever way you go about it, mimicking this classic yet edgy look will balance out your style in any season. Happy hunting, collegiettes. And remember, it’s not what you wear but how you wear it!

Isabelle Vail

Wake Forest

https://www.hercampus.com/school/wake-forest