Fashion in the Forest: Big, Beaded Necklaces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Lately, long, beaded necklaces are the trend hitting the Forest. And it’s easy to see why! This fashion trend takes any outfit to the new level. Some ladies wear their black & gold necklaces to tailgates, while others wear them to class as an added accessory to pop any outfit. We’ve got the inside scoop on where you can get your hands on this latest trend!

Silk and Stone

Sophomore Georgia Thompson has channeled her love of fashion into her own jewelry company, Silk and Stone Jewelry. She makes all her fabulous necklaces by hand. Check out already made necklaces on her Instagram @SilkandStoneJewelry. She makes custom orders as well!

Franky’s Jewelry

Started by Wake Forest alumna Moria Lawlor, Franky’s Jewelry gives 20% of their proceeds to the National Ataxia Foundation.  The foundation seeks to find a cure for the rare degenerative disease known as Atypical Cerebella Ataxia. Not only does the Jewelry support an awesome cause, but it’s also fun, innovative, and stylish! Learn more about Franky’s and see the collection on their website.

Find more funky jewelry at local shops such as Monkee’s in Reynolda Village. Now check out some more Demon Deacons working the new, exciting trend below!

*Article by Katherine Naylor

Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus