This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Since October 1st has officially come that means that the time has come… Fall is here.  While the current whether is not currently allowing for all of my fall fantasies to come true, fall has landed in my eyes and I will be celebrating accordingly.  

Here are some of my steps to get you going in the fall mood:

1. Drink a pumpkin spice latte.

If you have been here a while or have had at least one conversation with me, my love of pumpkin will probably be known to you.  Pumpkin is my oxygen, I need it to continue living. So to start off fall correctly you best go order a pumpkin spice latte and revel in its absolute amazing fall flavor.  

Gif Credit: Giphy.com

2.  Make sure to tune into the Halloween movie countdown on freeform.

This year instead of “13 days of Halloween,” they are playing a movie every night so make sure to end each night of October right by watching a Halloween movie.  

Picture Credit: Freeform

3.  Prepare that fall playlist.

You know the one. The one where you play when its raining outside and you want to be curled up by a fireplace with a book and cup of tea.  Make that playlist because the day will come when it is the perfect fall weather and you won’t have that playlist ready.

Picture Credit: LovethisPic

4.  Get those fall outfits ready.

I’m sure that chill is just around the corner so you better get those fuzzy socks and boots ready for all the wonderful fall weather they are about to be exposed to.  Personally I will be sitting by my window just waiting for the leaves to start falling.

Picture credit: Pinterest.com

5.  Watch Hocus Pocus​. 

The best movie of all time.  No arguments. Watch it and when you are finished start it over.

Gif Credit: Giphy.com

Jennifer Rokus

Wake Forest '21

Senior at Wake Forest University. LA girl living in the south. Netflix enthusiast. Avid reader. Lover of boots and pumpkin spice.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.