This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

December is upon us which means let it snow, snow, snow! Most people enjoy making snowmen and challenging friends to snowball fights, but I absolutely loathe the winter. Right about now, I dream about being on a beach shore soaking in the sun. Here are a couple dream destinations on my mind:

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Punta Cana is a resort town located on the east tip of the Dominican Republic. The city has many amenities to offer tourists with its many parks, beautiful beaches and resorts, and plenty of parks and green spaces where one can walk, hike, zipline, kayak and more. 

Cape Verde

Cape Verde is an archipelago, or island chain, off the coast of Senegal. The Islands are known for their dazzling white sand beaches, stunning mountain-scapes and the hospitality of its people.

Lanzarote (Canary Islands, Spain)

Lanzarote is one of the islands in the archipelago that we call the Canary Islands. Lanzarote is the 4th largest island in the chain and it is known for its beautiful coastline and huge volcanoes. There are plenty of activities to do while vacationing in Lanzarote other than sun bathing! Off-roading, horseback riding , wine tasting, hiking and more.

Editors Picks:

My three December destinations are:

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Buenos Aires is a beautiful city that combines European and South American vibes to create an experience like no other. My dream activities there would be to experience a national soccer game, learn the Argentine Tango, and wander the streets and explore the street food, art and culture.

Aruba

Known for its all-inclusive resorts, Aruba is the perfect destination for a quick December getaway. One of the most beautiful experiences you can have in life is watching an Aruban sunset….. simply magical!

Morocco

If there was one place I’ve always been enthralled with is Morocco. The beauty of the culture and its mystery to westerners draws me in. Morocco is the place to explore the allure of the desert, eat tajine and roll couscous and wander through the stalls of the marketplace.

All information is from thelonelyplanet.com

Mia Wilson

Wake Forest

Mia Wilson is a senior English and French double major at Wake Forest University. When not in class or studying frantically, she enjoys working out in the gym, catching up on the latest fashion trends and napping. Her hobbies include traveling, her Maltese Nahla and drinking Starbucks. Catch her on Instagram @mwilson__14
Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!