Coleman Craddock-Willis (‘16)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Name: Coleman Craddock-Willis

Hometown: Medford, Mass.

Major/Minor(s): History major with Music and Entrepreneurship double minor

Involvement: BSA (Black Student Alliance), Club Squash, Entrepreneurship club, Butter Music Industry, tutor for Ashley Elementary, Genuine Voices program

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Year: Junior

This fun-loving guy can make you laugh, get the ladies with a few simple words, and blow your mind with his musical talent.  Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Coleman Craddock-Willis.

HC (Her Campus):  How do you feel about being this week’s Campus Cutie?

CW (Coleman Craddock-Willis):  When I found out, I didn’t know what to think.  I was like – was it a joke?  Like, who would chose me?  But I feel so honored right now.  I’m really happy about it.

HC:  You seem so humble and genuine.  Do you consider yourself to be a down to earth person?

CW:  (Laughs) You know what … I actually do.  My family and friends would consider me to be very laidback, sometimes to the point of laziness.  But, you know me – I still get things done.

HC:  I bet you do.  Can you tell us a little about your experience here at Wake?

CW:  It’s been very cool.  It’s been academically challenging, and there are so many opportunities to meet new people and join different groups.  Every day at Wake is a new experience and challenge.

HC:  I agree with you.  For a lot of people, Wake is like that.  So I heard through the grapevine that you transferred from a previous school?

CW:  I did.  I transferred from Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts.  I am a piano player, and there I was majoring in music production and also studying music engineering.  I wrote many songs over there.

HC:  Very cool.  How has it been coming from a music school to Wake?

CW:  It’s been cool.  Definitely a new experience and transition.  Student body wise, Berklee was 70% guys and 30% girls.  So let’s say that now I am very happy being around a lot more females.  (Laughs) Anyway, I still love Berklee with all my heart.  At some point, I’d like to go back and pursue a career in music.

HC:  Besides being very passionate about music, what else are you involved with?

CW:  I’m a part of BSA (Black Student Alliance).  I’m a part of club squash.  I’m additionally a part of Entrepreneurship club.  And I kind of have my own music brand, which is Butter Music Industry, where I have produced some beats and songs.  I also did some tutoring for Ashley Elementary.  I like being able to help out the kids.  And I participate in the Genuine Voices program.

HC:  I see that you enjoy being able to help out wherever you can.  Would you say that community is important to you?

CW:  Community, for me, is at the center of all things great.  It’s one of the main reasons why I transferred to Wake.  I wanted more of a traditional college experience and a more united student body.  I think community is the reason why people strive for great things and continue to be all that they can be. 

HC:  (Laughs) Very profound words.

CW:  Well, you know I try.

HC:  So are you in a relationship or single at the moment?

CW:  (Laughs, pauses, then smiles) I actually am dating someone.  Say what?!

HC:  (Laughs) How long have you guys been dating?

CW:  We have been dating for four years.

HC:  Aww, how cute!  Even though you’re in a relationship, can you tell us what you look for in a girl?

CW:  Well first, I look for a beautiful smile and – wait, let me think about this … Oh yeah, a sense of humor and intelligence.

HC:  Good qualities.  Do you have any turn-offs?

CW:  Yeah, I do actually.  It’s obnoxiousness.  (Laughs) I really hate that mess.

HC:  What are your go to moves to win the ladies?

CW:  Yep, this one never fails – you go up to any girl, walking slowly, smile and say, “Can I flirt with you?”  I guarantee that will make any girl smile and think you’re cute or funny.  Then you can introduce yourself from there and see where it goes.

HC:  I’ve actually never heard that pick up line before, but hey, it seems to have worked for you.

CW:  (Laughs) Yeah, it did.

HC:  Finally, are there any words of wisdom you would like to bestow on the freshmen?

CW:  Classical question.  I would say to branch out and get involved, and not be afraid to be yourself.

*Photos by Victoria Washington.

I am originally from Port Richey, Florida and I have been moving all my life due to my dad being in the Marines. I am currently live in Winston-Salem, NC. I am a junior at Wake Forest University in North Carolina. I am working towards getting my Bachelor's degree in Communication and Spanish. Then I would like to get my Master's in Communication and Translation. I was an intern at JCA Producciones in Salamanca, Spain for half of the summer where I was a journalist and writer.
Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.