Celebrity Style Steals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

At one point or another you’ve probably been caught red-handed scrolling through the celebrity style re-creations on Pinterest in the ZSR.  We all gawk over our favorite styles on the red carpet and on movie sets, but what do style icons wear once the lights go down and the cameras stop rolling?  We have the answer.  Here are two outfits inspired by the street style of the Hollywood’s most stylish celebs.       

Blake Lively – Add Some Color

Without a doubt, this fashionista is at the top of every girl’s wannabe list.  After seven seasons playing the role of Serena van der Woodsen on the hit show Gossip Girl, it’s no wonder why she’s developed such an amazing fashion sense.  Here, she adds color blocked fall hues to fully embrace the season.  Her knee high boots and statement necklace add some edge to this otherwise basic look.  Because she played with color, the stereotypical jeans-t-shirt-cardigan look seems like it took a lot more effort than it actually did.  The colors of her cardigan, pants and bag coordinate with each other and make this outfit work.  If you want to rock a style like this one, all you have to do is pick pieces that have the same color scheme.             

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley- Texturize!

Everyone and their mother wants to raid the wardrobe of this English Victoria’s Secret supermodel.  Rosie always looks put together even during her down time.  Here, she maintains her high-end style while traveling.  This outfit is a perfect example of how to look like a million bucks while still feeling like you’re wearing leggings and t-shirt.  To replicate this look, the main pieces you will need are a pair of faux leather leggings, a fur vest, a striped sweater, and a maroon floppy hat.  Although her outfit is mostly black and white, each item has a distinct texture that adds to the visual interest.  Knits, fur, leather, suede—mixing textures can truly make an outfit seem that much more creative and unique.  

*Love the pieces used in this article?  Here is where you can find all of the amazing items!

Blake’s Look:

Jeans – Koral Denim
Sweater – Target
V-neck – Target
Scarf – Target
Boots – DSW
Bag- Lulu’s
Necklace – Target      

Rosie’s Look:
Vest – Express
Leggings – Windsor
Booties – DSW
Shirt – Target
Hat – Charlotte Russe
Purse – Target 

Megan Robson

Wake Forest

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.