This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

This Saturday from 12-3pm, Wake Forest hosted the 2nd Annual Wine and Beer Tasting in Benson University Center.  The event was open to all graduating seniors, just one of the many Senior Celebrations events offered this spring.  Seven North Carolina vineyards and three local breweries were present to educate students on their craft, as well as provide tastings of their products. Students were encouraged to appreciate the varied tastes of wine and beer, rather than just go for the cheap stuff like we tend to do.  There was also a delicious array of cheese and fruit to accompany the beverages.  All those who attended received complimentary wine glasses with the University Seal.  There were also raffles for a variety of prizes, as well as the opportunity to bid on art from the START gallery.  Enjoy photos below by Sam Hess and Liz Keating!

Kelsey Garvey is a junior English major at Wake Forest University. Her upbringing in Connecticut, otherwise known as country club land, inspired her to write in order to escape and locate something more. Writing has also acted as her outlet to dabble in subjects far beyond her my intellectual capacity: art, culture, design, fashion, photography, and music. Other than reading Vogue and Vanity Fair cover-to-cover, Kelsey enjoys frequenting the blogosphere, speaking franglais in daily conversation, and laughing at her own pathetic jokes. Feel free to email her with any questions or comments.