This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Throughout the award show season, celebrities have been donning their most glamorous gowns and providing an ample amount of entertainment for fashion enthusiasts. As the Oscars is the biggest award show for the entire film industry, celebrities spare now expense when choosing their wardrobe. I always love watching the red carpet shows and admiring the beautiful dresses, so here are my personal fashion awards for the 86th annual Academy Awards.

Best Dressed

Winner: Lupita Nyong’o

This awards season Lupita Nyong’o has truly shined. While many of us thought her beautiful red Golden Globes dress was incredible, she wowed us yet again in this gorgeous “Nairobi blue” custom-made Prada gown.  Not only did Lupita win the coveted honor of best dressed, she also won her first Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in 12 Years a Slave.

Runners-Up:

Louise Roe in Provonias, Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen, and Jennifer Lawrence in Dior.

Best Beaded Dress

Winner: Jessica Biel

One of the most popular trends on the Oscar’s red carpet was a beaded, nude gown. Jessica Biel sparkled effortlessly in this Chanel Haute Couture as she glided down the red carpet. In the midst of so many similar fashions, Jessica stood out with her formfitting dress and elegant train.

Runners-Up:

Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Reem Acra, Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab Haute Couture, and Giuliana Rancic in Adelaide Iabel Paolo Sebastian.

Best Black Dress

Winner: Charlize Theron

Charlize Theron’s sexy black Dior gown is one of my favorite Oscar gowns of the season. The deep plunging neckline contrasting with the billowing train creates a sultry silhouette. The black satin vigorously pops against Charlize’s light features, making one of the best and most memorable looks of this year’s awards season.

Runners-Up:

Margot Robbie in Saint Laurent by Hedi Slimane, Olivia Wilde in Valentino, and Emma Watson in Vera Wang Collection.

Best White Dress

Winner: Kate Hudson

While Kate Hudson has recently been laying low with her film career, her fashion sense is still impeccable. Her white Versace dress perfectly combined classic elements including delicate beading and a glamorous train with more modern styles in the shape of the shoulders.  Kate’s dress stood out from other white gowns with its unique structure and beautiful elegance.

Runners-Up:

Maria Menounos in Johanna Johnson, Calista Flockhart in Andrew Gn, and Naomi Watts in Calvin Klein Collection.

I hope everyone enjoyed watching this year’s Oscars; hopefully next year Leonardo DiCaprio will finally receive one!

Hey collegiettes! I'm Arianna and I am a freshman at Wake Forest University. I love all things preppy, but also like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe. I plan to major in communications and possibly minor in French. I can't wait to begin my Her Campus career and hope you enjoy my blog posts!
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.