This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

If you’re looking to spice up your spring beauty routine, give Pantone’s Color of the Year a whirl – Radiant Orchid. This beautiful mix of purple and pink is the perfect addition to your makeup look for the spring. This gorgeous color comes in a wide range of shades, so you can pick whatever looks best on you and still work the “It” color.

Whether it’s a purple smoky eye or bright pink nails, this color will instantly upgrade your look! It magically compliments all color palettes and works well with all kinds of skin tones and complexions. It truly is the universal color. Here are some ways to try out the color orchid:

• Essie nail polish in “Play Date”
  • Butter nail polish in “Molly Coddled”
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in “Extreme Magenta”
  • Make Up Forever Compact Blush in “Vibrant Matte Pink”
  • Benefit World’s Famous Neutrals “Sexiest Nudes Ever”
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide- On Eye Pencil in “Asphyxia”
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Colour Concentrate in “Overlook”

* All products may be found on the Sephora website.

These products are just a few examples of how you can play around with this springy hue. You can always start small and try just painting your nails…and then get more adventurous with hot pink blush or bright purple eyeliner! 

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.