Style > Beauty

Beauty Blog: Holiday Makeup in Under 15 Minutes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

You’re home for the holidays – no homework in sight and you have just received a text from your best friend inviting you to the holiday party. My recommendation is what I like to call the less-is-more makeup look. This look allows me to be out the door in 15 minutes looking fantastic:

1. Apply foundation primer
  2. Apply foundation with a beauty blender or a big foundation brush
  3. Apply concealer a shade lighter than your foundation under your eyes. Make an inverted triangle underneath your eyes and blend outward
  4. Take a big fluffy brush and dust a setting powder all over your face
  5. With your ring finger, tap eyeshadow primer all over your eyelid. Don’t hold back – make sure your eyelids are covered in the primer
  6. Take a nude eyeshadow and lightly press it onto your eyelids
  7. Take a sparkly eyeshadow and tap it into the corner of your eyes to make them pop
  8. Curl your eyelashes and coat them several times with mascara
  9. Make a three with your bronzer and then blend, blend, blend
  10. Apply blush to the apple of your cheeks
  11. THIS IS KEY. Take an illuminating highlighter and sweep it from the corner of your eye to the top of your eyebrow to give you a dewy look

No walk into the party like Beyoncé because you look fabulous!

Lauren Freedman

Wake Forest '19

Lauren Freedman is a senior at Wake Forest University double majoring in English and Communication. She is a Features Editor for Her Campus Wake Forest and covers fashion, beauty, and wellness as a writer.