This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

It’s that time of the year when it feels like all your teachers are out to get you as they simultaneously decide to pile on the work. You’re swimming in midterms and papers, and the 7th floor of ZSR has become your home away from home. It may be stressful, but looking more like a human than a zombie doesn’t have to be that hard. Here are the three must-haves for faking that “awake” look:

1. Concealer

If nothing else, apply concealer like it’s your job. It’ll hide your blemishes and even out your skin tone, giving you that fresh, “awake” look. 

2. Dry shampoo

We have all been there – sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in a day. Your hair looks super slick, and you can practically feel people staring at the shine. And it’s not the lush, oh-look-I’m-Selena-Gomez-in-a-Pantene-commercial shine; it’s the grungy, I-haven’t-showered-in-days shine. Dry shampoo will become your greatest ally. 

3. Mascara

I know I talk about it all the time, but I thoroughly believe that mascara is the key to any good look. When you’re super tired and just can’t even, swipe on one coat and yawn your way out the door. 

*Cover image from theAsianparent
Lauren Freedman

Wake Forest '19

Lauren Freedman is a senior at Wake Forest University double majoring in English and Communication. She is a Features Editor for Her Campus Wake Forest and covers fashion, beauty, and wellness as a writer.
Wake Forest Chapter of Her Campus