Style > Beauty

Beauty Blog: The 10 Beauty Essentials for Black Friday Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Black Friday is the Holy Grail of all shopping days, and the perfect time to snag some splurges at a steal. I thought I would let you all know my favorite products. While you’re throwing elbows and pulling hair in those big Black Friday sales, make your way to Sephora and keep your eye out for these 10 products! What better time to get them than during the greatest sale of the year?!

1. DIOR “Diorskin Forever Compact Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF 25”

Of all the foundation powders I have tried, this one is my favorite because it doesn’t cake or fall off easily. The coverage is consistent while still being super light and it is perfect for your every day face makeup. I recommend using a foundation brush instead of the sponge they give you because its less likely to store yucky bacteria that could clog your pores.

1. NARS Sheer Matte Foundation

If you’re looking for a liquid foundation at Sephora, I love the Nars Sheer Matte Foundation. The way this foundation sets on your face is really pretty and doesn’t look thick or unnatural. Apply with an Airbrush (can also be found at Sephora) for the best coverage and work from the outside of your face, inwards. That way, you don’t glob too much foundation on your T-zone (nose and forehead area) which tends to get the most oily.

1. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in “Dollface”

I like this blush because it is a great, rosy pink glow. It complements a smoky eye well and works well for everyday makeup. This pink is definitely a very sweet look and looks pretty without any foundation under it.

1. Benefit Cosmetics Getting Cheeky trio

This blush coloring set is great because it has three different shades of color, so you have options for your various looks. The Benefit line has mastered the “cheek tint” rather than a powder blush. You just swipe it on and rub in with your fingertips. Definitely great if you don’t have a good blush brush!

1. Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer Powder in Aruba

I switch on and off with bronzers but the one I miss the most, or cover when I don’t have it, is this one. This bronzer has the perfect amount of shimmer so it adds a little depth to your makeup look and keeps your skin looking dewy. Having the extra illuminating component goes a long way with this product. Definitely a must-have!

1. Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up! Illuminator

This highlighter stick is one of my favorite recent purchases! The champagne color of the stick looks so pretty as a finishing touch over your foundation, and makes your skin look healthy and glowing. It’s perfect for highlighting your cheekbones, under the outer corners of your eyes, and right under your eyebrows. It is really easy to apply, because the reverse end of the stick has a little smudge brush to smooth out the application lines. Illuminators don’t get as much hype as they should, but they really make a big difference in your make up routine!

1. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

This little palette is one of my essentials. I love the big Naked palette, but didn’t want all of the colors, so I grabbed this little guy. It has the perfect range of nude colors and they are all matte so they can be used for day or night. Naked 2 is my favorite eyeshadow color of all time and it’s from this palette so I seriously recommend it! (Also, keep your eye out for the NEW Naked Palette that features a lot of really pretty rose gold tones. So gorgeous!)

1. Buxom Mascara in Black

This is the best mascara Sephora has, hands down. Benefit’s “They’re Real!” is a close rival but having used both I am here to tell you that Buxom is the winner. This mascara grabs every lash, never clumps, and never flakes. But it comes off so easily with make up remover, so you don’t have to harass your precious eyelashes. It also works well for bottom and top eyelashes, which not all mascaras are good for. I am obsessed!

1. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eye Liner

This product is a liquid eyeliner but in a pencil form. It’s awesome. The pencil shape with the soft, liquid tip makes it so easy to do an even, straight liquid line that is super precise. This one is on Sephora’s favorites list itself, so you know it’s the best! It’s a great product if you’re on the market for any kind of eyeliner.

1. SOAP & GLORY Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist

First of all, this name is hilarious. Second of all, this lip gloss stick blows my mind. It is a lip gloss, in the form of a lip stain. Right? I know. It has a plumping element to it so your lips look super awesome when you use it and the color is so neutral and sexy. It’s not sticky like a normal lip gloss and it perfectly combines the look of lipstick and lip gloss. Even if you’re not a gloss and/or lipstick girl, definitely check this product out.

These are my swear-by, die-hard favorite beauty products so I hope they do you justice as well. I wish everyone a Happy Black Friday with great deals and steals, that is trample-free! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.