Beach trends For Spring Break Break Courtesy of Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Swim

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

After the Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2014, there is no doubt as to what trends the celebrities will be wearing on the beach this season. So I am here to tell you all about the styles to rock on Spring Break next week! Be the trendsetter on Punta Cana’s beaches or Panama City pools in these great styles.

Jungle and tribal prints are the newest and fiercest pattern. If you don’t feel like all-over cheetah print is working for you there are other ways to incorporate these patterns into your style. Wear this trend in less obvious ways with bright colors, sixties mod influences and subtle placement. Or if you can’t find a bathing suit in this trend to love, look to accessories and try cheetah print sunglasses or on your beach bag!

If you are tan enough to pull off the newest neon trend, then you are one lucky girl! The newest way to wear bright neon is in straight lines, mixed with more subdued colors. To make this trend work with your skin tone, use color as cording or color blocking on a dark bathing suit. Embrace the trend without looking like you’re going to a rave and keep it more modest.

Sheer cover-ups are the latest and greatest way to travel to the beach. Crochet and see-through fabrics let the shape be more flowing and less form fitting, without looking like your grandma’s muumuu. Crochet shorts and pants or long, light dresses are all the rage this year. White or bright colors with girly details keep the look light and fresh!

Now no matter what beach you are on this break, you are now aware of the hottest trends and can look fabulous while spending some much needed time away from the North Carolina cold.

Corina Wixon is a Junior Economics Major at Wake Forest.
Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.