This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Welcome back collegiettes! I hope everyone is just as excited as I am to be back on campus. Every new school year means new trends, and we at Her Campus have picked some of our favorite trends this semester.

1. Flash Tattoos

If you’ve been on Instagram lately, you have undoubtedly seen a collegiette posing with what looks like silver or gold arm bangles or an artsy shot of an arm holding some sort of food with silver and gold tattoos around the wrist. These flash tattoos are a fun accessory and alternative to jewelry, and last for around 5 days. The metallic hues are a great way to show off your tan and add a little bit extra to your outfit. You can order them online in large packs, so split them with your hallmates!

2. Rompers

While rompers have been a hot trend for a while now, there is no doubt they will stay a staple in your wardrobe. Whether it’s a sleek black romper to go out or a loose floral romper for class, almost every girl on campus surely has a romper in her closet. Rompers are a fun alternative to a dress and are easy to throw on and look put together when you’re running late.

3. Bralettes

Recently, many collegiettes have been sporting flowy shirts or backless dresses with lacy or strappy bralettes underneath. Available in almost every color, adding a bright blue lace bralette underneath a white tank top gives your outfit a fun boost of color and femininity. Strappy bralettes, like this one from Free People look great with a backless dress, especially for an upcoming tailgate.

Hey collegiettes! I'm Arianna and I am a freshman at Wake Forest University. I love all things preppy, but also like to incorporate trends into my wardrobe. I plan to major in communications and possibly minor in French. I can't wait to begin my Her Campus career and hope you enjoy my blog posts!
Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.