Back-2-School: Wake Forest Orientation Week

A wise Wake Forest student once said, "Orientation is not real life."  Many of us upperclassmen here feel that way, that the last week of our lives has been spent in a time capsule, that a week of partying and fratting completely flies by until the unthinkable happens -- Work Forest commences once again.

However, for some - namely freshmen - the week holds the purpose of getting "oriented" to the Wake community.  Here are some highlights from their Orientation week.

Students walking to Reynolda House with their advising groups to discuss Frederic Church's painting The Andes of Ecuador.

Students attend PREPARE meetings as part of their campus orientation.

Media Chairman, Nathan Bedsole talks to freshmen about Wake Radio.

Visitors to the Wake Radio room chat during Pub Row, and open house for Wake Forest media clubs.

*Photo credit to Elise Wallace 

Kelsey Garvey is a junior English major at Wake Forest University. Her upbringing in Connecticut, otherwise known as country club land, inspired her to write in order to escape and locate something more. Writing has also acted as her outlet to dabble in subjects far beyond her my intellectual capacity: art, culture, design, fashion, photography, and music. Other than reading Vogue and Vanity Fair cover-to-cover, Kelsey enjoys frequenting the blogosphere, speaking franglais in daily conversation, and laughing at her own pathetic jokes. Feel free to email her with any questions or comments.