The A B C’s on How to Wear Your Greek Letters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

As rush week has come to a close here at Wake Forest there will now be hundreds of you out there walking around in your new Greek letters. It is a fun and exciting time for new (and old) sorority girls. Nothing is better than when you get that first t-shirt on Bid Day with the letters that you will wear proudly for the rest of your college career. But with those letters comes responsibility. Here are a few suggestions from one sorority girl to another to make sure you dress your letters right.

Make sure when you are wearing your letters, or anything sorority-related, you are doing activities that will show a positive representation of your Greek affiliation. Wear your letters while hanging out with your sisters, walking to class, around campus, or out to eat. Another fun place to wear your letters is while traveling! You never know when and where you are going to run into a fellow sorority girl!

Now, what should you pair your new sorority gear with? Follow this mindset: don’t wear your letters with any outfit that you wouldn’t show your parents. Keep the short skirts to a minimum. Nothing appropriate for Last Resort is appropriate for your letters. A good rule to follow is if you’re not sure if it’s appropriate, it is most likely not. But if you’re really not sure, you have over a hundred new sisters who you can ask! The most important thing to remember: Greek letters + chucks = the best go-to. 

So congratulations to all of you new sorority girls out there and welcome to the family! And remember: keep it classy collegiettes.

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.