Anna (’11) and Duncan (’13) Butler

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

I am pleased to introduce our first Her Campus Wake Forest campus cuties siblings — Anna and Duncan Butler!  Born and raised in the great state of Texas, the Butler’s love hunting, history, and all things Harry Potter.  Read on to find out their most memorable sibling moment, their celebrity crushes, and what they cannot live without…

Anna Butler (’11)

Hometown:Austin, TX
Major: History
Dream career: I want to own and serve as the executive chef for a couple of my own restaurants. Preferably in Austin.
Celebrity crush: John Cusack
Favorite class taken at Wake: Global Environmental History
Most memorable sibling moment: We decided to do a joint most memorable sibling moment… This could be a little graphic, so bear with us. For a bit of background, this story marks the pivotal moment when Duncan and I fell in love with hunting.  When Duncan was 7, he shot the most beautiful 10-point buck. It was a perfect kill; no suffering, no tracking, simply pure. I tagged along with my uncle and Duncan to pick up the deer so that it could be gutted. At the time, nine-year-old me was fascinated by animals. I begged to make the first incision to start the cleaning process after we strung up the deer. Duncan gave in–kindly enough–even though it was his first deer. I won’t go into any more detail. Let’s just say, the gutting experience left Duncan never wanting to be a doctor and left me wanting to betray my Longhorn family so I could become a vet at Texas A&M.

If you could be any Harry Potter character, who would you be and why? I know she can be annoying (and, mind you, I would never step foot near Ron Weasley) but I would want to be Hermione. I love that she likes to learn, but that she also figures out that some lessons you have to experience for yourself.
Best Harry Potter book: Prisoner of Azkaban
If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Bobby Flay or T. Boone Pickens
I can’t live without…iced coffee.
Theme song of your college career: “Vienna” by Billy Joel

Duncan Butler (’13)

Hometown: Austin, TX
Major: Finance
Dream career: Venture Capitalism and Ranch Management
Celebrity crush: Taylor Swift
Favorite class taken at Wake: Multi-variable calculus with analytic geometry
If you could be any Harry potter Pharacter, who would you be and why? Hagrid because he’s Harry and Dumbledore’s most loyal supporter 
Best Harry Potter book: The Goblet of Fire 
If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be? Robert E Lee, Teddy Roosevelt, Jesus, or Taylor Swift
I can’t live without… books/reading/ the news
Theme song of your college career: Jesse’s Girl

Kelsey Garvey is a junior English major at Wake Forest University. Her upbringing in Connecticut, otherwise known as country club land, inspired her to write in order to escape and locate something more. Writing has also acted as her outlet to dabble in subjects far beyond her my intellectual capacity: art, culture, design, fashion, photography, and music. Other than reading Vogue and Vanity Fair cover-to-cover, Kelsey enjoys frequenting the blogosphere, speaking franglais in daily conversation, and laughing at her own pathetic jokes. Feel free to email her with any questions or comments.