Do you have a planner, but still find yourself in frenzy, forgetting meetings or assignments? Collegiettes, it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are a few tips on how to make the most of your agenda!
- Find an agenda you love, and you’ll want to use it! I use the myAgenda Deskop Planner in Leopard (it even comes with an address book in the back), but there are a number of great options for college students! Kate Spade, Lilly Pulitzer, and Moleskine are also popular picks for those who want a physical agenda.
- Highlight important tests, papers, and assignments in different colors to ensure you do not forget to complete them in time. DO NOT, however, highlight everything – then nothing will stand out!
- If you are not fond of color-coating classes, club meetings, etc., try to use the same pen or pencil when you write in your agenda. Having a clean, uniform look will make navigating your planner easier, and help you not to miss something! If your week looks organized, it probably will be!
- Use thin, patterned tape to mark events that continue for multiple days at a time. This is helpful for Thanksgiving Break, midterm exams, or even Mountain Weekend! This is easier than writing the event on each day, and is a decorative addition to your agenda. You can find tape like this at Target or stationary shops.
- Make sure to schedule the fun stuff too – vacations, mixers, and parties – it’ll give you something to look forward to when the going gets tough! I love an agenda that shows the full week, so I can see my weekend activities as I check off homework!
Happy planning, collegiettes!