This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Finals week is coming up! Even though we just got back from a relaxing break, we need to focus in getting those papers done and study for those endless exams. Here are some tips to get ready: 

Finish all your homework ahead of time

No procrastination station!

Make sure to get a goodnight’s sleep

Even if you want to power through the night getting work done, you body needs to rest and your mind needs to “download” the information you’ve studied that day into your brain. Try to aim for seven to eight hours of sleep each night and stick to a regular schedule.

Don’t skip meals because you’re too busy studying 

Yes, treat yourself to some yummy treats after a long study sesh but make sure you are fueling your body, too. Take a break and spend time with friends to grab a bite to eat. Go off campus to Village Juice for some avocado toast or to your favorite brunch spot. Your grumbling stomach will thank you!

Use all the help centers and resources that are available to you 

If you need someone to talk to, the Counseling center will help you through those tough times including the stress of finals week. The writing center is a great place to get help on papers that are in any stage of the writing process, check out the tutoring center for some extra help, and reach out to your professor’s office hours for some additional instruction.

Try new studying spots instead of the same way every time

Personally, I love camping out at New Pit when I need to work all day during finals week. New Pit is right there for food, Starbucks is right below along with the POD, and it is a laid back atmosphere that is quiet but not filled with stressed students. Try studying at a coffee shop off campus, outside if it is nice outside, in your dorm’s study room, a good old fashioned pit sit, or in Benson.

If you feel stressed, try some breathing exercises 

Meditation is a great way to stay centered and clear your mind. Take a study break to take a yoga class (there’s a great studio in Reynolda Village: Yoga Dogz).

Talking about exercises, don’t forget to continue to be active 

Take a fitness class, hit up the gorgeous new gym, or go for a walk around our beautiful campus. Maybe take a friend with you! 

Good luck with finishing up the semester, you can do it!!

Hello! My name is Camilla Zanini and I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I am currently in the pre-Business track, but am very interested in psychology as well. One of my favorite past times here at Wake is to walk around the Reynolda trails and to hang an Eno in whatever spot they have. I love travelling and Netflix too!
Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!