6 Things To Do When You Don’t Celebrate Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

If you are anything like me, sometimes you just aren’t pressed to celebrate Valentine’s Day regardless of your relationship status. Every year I cringe after Christmas when department stores and convenience stores trade in their red and green for candies, garish cupids and hearts.

#6 Celebrate Gal-entines Day With your Friends

You hang out and Wake Wednesday with your friends any other week, don’t let this one be any different! Hang out with your girls, go shopping or out to dinner ( early) as a nice friend-centered way to celebrate the Day of Pink and Candy Hearts.

#5 Treat Yo-Self

No one is judging you if you want to indulge in  chocolate covered strawberries, nutella and banana and marshmello fondue. #cheatday

#4 Hook Up

If you don’t have a bae/boo-thing/significant other, and you want some “company”, don’t let anyone stop you! The world is your oyster and Wake Forest is teeming with campus cuties.

#3 see #2

#2 Netflix….and Netflix

The only Netflix and Chill-ing going on is with you, your pillow and your favorite blanket. Binge watch your favorite series or start a new one. (I’ve heard really good things about Black Mirror)

#1 Take A Nap

Nothing says Self Care by cocooning in your bed with popcorn and red wine on Feb 14th instead of braving campus and restaurants where ickle couples cuddle contently in crowded restaurants. ( How’s that for Alliteration? )

Mia Wilson

Wake Forest

Mia Wilson is a senior English and French double major at Wake Forest University. When not in class or studying frantically, she enjoys working out in the gym, catching up on the latest fashion trends and napping. Her hobbies include traveling, her Maltese Nahla and drinking Starbucks. Catch her on Instagram @mwilson__14
Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!