5 Ways to Survive Stranger Things Withdrawal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Season 2 came out October 27, and it is has been one week, and if you’re like me, you’ve finished it and have been sitting in denial not knowing what to do with your life now. So, if you too have finished and now have no purpose in your life here are some tips to help you survive.  

**PS. SPOILERS**

1. Cry

Let all the feels out.  I know, I know, Jonathan and Nancy finally getting together, the reunion of Mike and Eleven, and Steve Harrington’s amazing character development are making you feel all the feels.  Trust me, I feel them too.

2.  Rewatch

Now that you know for sure Eleven is alive and alright and gets to see Mike again you can rewatch with more enjoyment and less agonizing terror.  

3.  Find a new show to fill that void in your heart

Sometimes it takes a new obsession to get over an old one.  Just like Steve is going to fill his Nancy void with babysitting his new best friend Dustin.  

4.  Find your TV soulmate

Find that other person that is also extremely emotional over this show.  When you find someone else who is triggered by the words “demadog” “upside down” or “mouthbreather” than you know that you have found a new person to sob to.

5.  Count down the days until the next season…. It’s ok it’s probably just another year

Anyway if any of you have finished Season 2 and are sitting alone in your sadness and feel like there is no longer a reason for your existence, I understand. It’s okay we are going to get through this together.  If Steve Harrington can deal with emotional pain so can we.  

gifs courtesy of: https://giphy.com​

Jennifer Rokus

Wake Forest '21

Senior at Wake Forest University. LA girl living in the south. Netflix enthusiast. Avid reader. Lover of boots and pumpkin spice.
Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!