timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Get Excited About Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

1.Decorate your dorm for Halloween.

Find something small, like a “Happy Halloween” sign to put on your door or some paper bats on your walls, to bring a little of the Halloween spirit into your dorm room. Browse Pinterest for ideas on decorating to make your room remind you that Halloween is coming!

2. Go to a pumpkin patch.

There’s bound to be a pumpkin patch somewhere close to your campus, so take some friends on an outing to go get pumpkins. Even if you end up just taking some Instagram pictures and picking out one pumpkin to collectively carve, it is still a successful fall time activity that will definitely remind you of being a kid!

3.Eat/Drink some pumpkin spice.

It’s pretty much guaranteed that during October and November, every bakery,coffee shop, and grocery store is stuffed with pumpkin spice treats. Try something new or go back to an old favorite (Starbucks pumpkin spice latte) to bring the Autumn-spirit to your taste buds.

4. Shop for sweaters.

Although I will miss the summertime ease of being able to just throw on a t-shirt and shorts, I also love sweaters. Either break out your coziest sweaters from deep in your drawers or hit the mall for new ones. One of the best parts of fall is experimenting with the different trends and finding the cuddliest sweaters to warm up in as the seasons change.

5. Go on a nature trail. 

Finally, get some friends or family to go to a nature trail with you. There is nothing better than crisp fall weather and the beautifully changing leaves. Find a nearby trail, break out your boots and flannels, and explore the outdoors before all the leaves are down!

Sarah Malone

Wake Forest '22

My name is Sarah and I'm a freshman at Wake Forest University from Charlotte, NC. I love traveling, reading, and going for hikes. I hope you enjoy my articles!
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.