This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.
  1. Have a picnic on the quad with friends: Next time you want to change up your typical
    lunch or dinner routine, grab a blanket, a few friends, and your favorite takeout food or
    Trader Joe’s snacks, and set up the picture-perfect quad picnic.
  2. Walk to Reynolda Village for coffee or lunch: Spring is the perfect time to take advantage
    of the outdoor restaurant and cafe seating in Reynolda Village. Enjoy crêpes for brunch with
    friends at Penny Path Cafe, or bring your school work to Dough Joe’s and take in the nice
    weather while studying with a coffee and doughnut in hand.
  3. Join an intramural sports team: With only several weeks remaining in the semester, it is
    the perfect time to try a new activity! Get a group of friends together and have a blast
    playing intramural kickball, capture the flag, or softball.
  4. Adventure out onto the hiking trails: There are many great hiking spots that are only a
    short drive away from campus, including Pilot Mountain State Park and Hanging Rock
    State Park. Grab some friends, hit the trails, and enjoy the beautiful scenery and spring
    weather while getting in some exercise and spending quality time with friends!
  5. Go to a concert in Charlotte: There is always a wide variety of artists and bands
    performing in Charlotte. Check out artists like Gracie Abrams, Lil Wayne, Vance Joy, and
    Joshua Bassett, who are all set to perform in upcoming concerts this spring.
Clara O'Connor

Wake Forest '26

Hi! I'm Clara O'Connor, a sophomore at Wake Forest University! I am from Darien, CT, and plan on majoring in Elementary Education and English. I love singing, spending time outdoors, spin classes, iced coffee, and listening to Taylor Swift!