This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Here are somethings you should consider doing over break…

1. RELAX.

As I mentioned in my previous article, you just made it through midterms, and hopefully got most of your work done so you don’t have to worry about it over break. Let yourself be lazy and not stress about anything you have to do in the future. Be totally open to what is happening in the moment and embrace the now.

2. Catch up on movies and TV.

During school, it is so hard to be caught up on your favorite TV shows and movies. Spend some time over break watching Oscar nominated films like A Star Is Born, or catch up on this season’s The Bachelor. Other highly recommended shows are Animal Kingdom and New Girl. Maybe even have a movie night with your friends or family.

3. Catch up on Sleep.

As exciting as it can be to have all these amazing plans and be on a schedule, allow yourself to sleep in longer than you would normally, at least for a few days. It’s important to be well rested and let your body heal from the stress and work of school.

4. Explore some new cafes or go to some of your faves.

I know I have planned my whole break around what I am going to be eating. Don’t be afraid to try some new places and get a cute insta pic or two. Also don’t forget to go to some of your favorite places as well and treat yourself.

5. Just have fun!

No matter what you are doing for break, just remember to have fun. Let yourself soak everything in and make the best of the week that you have off!

Carly Newell

Wake Forest '22

Carly is a freshman at Wake Forest University who is from Arlington, Massachusetts. She is also a member of the Wake Forest Club Volleyball Team and the Love Your Melon Campus Crew. She loves chocolate chip cookies and romantic comedies.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.