5 of the Sweetest Desserts you can Make in a Dorm Room

If I were being totally honest, in March of 2020 I never would have never predicted that we would still be facing the COVID-19 pandemic in February of 2021. However, one thing that this past year has provided is a plethora of time to spend baking, one of my favorite past times. Wake Forest has closed all public kitchens on campus to keep gatherings to a minimum and, because of this, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to use my kitchen at home over winter break. Since being back at school I have decided to be creative and find ways to bake with the limited resources in a dorm room. So today, I decided to compile a list of my favorite dorm room baked goods.

1. 1. Brownie in a Mug

Brownie on white plate with chocolate drizzle

When you need a warm chocolate fill, this mug brownie is the way to go. Most of the ingredients you need to get in bulk, but that just means that you can make a bunch of batches! Click here for the recipe!

2. 2. S'mores Mug Cake

s'mores ingredients on white plate in front of fire

There is nothing more fun than roasting a marshmallow over a fire, but when you get stuck inside this s’mores mug cake does just the trick. It really makes your taste buds think they are at a campfire. Look here for the recipe!

3. 3. Snickerdoodle Mug Cake

cigar rolls / cinnamon sticks on a grey background

I absolutely love the warm cinnamon tones that make me feel the comfort of home when I start to miss my family. This mug cake is perfectly sweet and enjoyable for the days when you might just need a good cry. Click here for the recipe!

4. 4. Glazed Doughnut Mug Cake

mini donuts on a black cooling rack

Doughnuts have to be one of my all-time favorite treats, so finding a way to make one in a dorm room was extremely exciting. When I am feeling the need for a bunch of sugar, this is my go-to sweet! Look here for the recipe!

5. 5. Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug

cookies stacked on a plate with table cloth and flowers in background

Chocolate chip cookies are a classic, so everyone needs to have a pocket recipe for them even when there is no oven to be had. So keep this recipe in mind for when all you need to make your day a little sweeter is a cookie. Check out the recipe here!