5 Social Distancing-Friendly Fall Activities for Wake Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Looking for something to do now that midterms are over? These five fall activities are COVID-friendly and fun! Grab some friends and get off campus to get yourself in the fall spirit.

1.  Divine Llama Vineyards

This has quickly become one of my favorite places to visit in Winston. Whether you are 21 or not, there is so much to do and see at Divine Llama Vineyards. They offer wine tastings, farm tours, and “llama trekking” (essentially walking a llama on a rope leash). Get a group of friends together on a Friday or Saturday afternoon and go explore this beautiful farm!

2.  Visit a pumpkin patch

’Tis the season for pumpkin carving and pumpkin spice everything. There are a variety of pumpkin patches right here around Winston-Salem from Hawk’s Pumpkin Patch to Stone House Farm and Tanglewood Farms. Check out one of these pumpkin patches, take a hayride, and buy some local apple cider to get yourself in an autumn mood.

3.  Art with AR Workshop

I am not a crafty person at all, but something about this adorable boutique makes me want to channel my inner artist (if she exists?) AR Workshop, conveniently located in Reynolda Village, offers in-person and virtual art classes as well as take-home DIY kits if you’re interested in teaching yourself. It’s the perfect weekend activity that will allow you to hang out with friends while simultaneously de-stressing — and who knows, you might even acquire a new hobby. 

4.  Campus Gas

If you’re a Wake student and you haven’t been to Campus Gas yet, you have to check it out. This former gas station is a great spot to socialize, grab a drink, or snack on appetizers. It’s walking distance from campus, the employees are super friendly, and the food is delicious. Give this place a visit!

5.  Take a walk with friends

I’m sure that this year you’ve gone on more walks than you have in your entire lifetime—I know I have. Maybe going on another walk or hike is not what you want to do with your free time, but it’s really good exercise and a great opportunity to spend time with friends in a socially-distanced manner! This semester, I’ve discovered more walking trails in Winston than I ever thought existed. From Reynolda Trails and Gardens to the Graylyn walking paths and Salem Lake, the area offers lots of trails to explore. My next hiking spot to try is going to be Pilot Mountain and Hanging Rock. I honestly doubt I ever would have tried all these walking trails if it had not been for COVID-19 forcing me to find new outlets of fun, so maybe there’s a silver lining to this after all!  :)

Sources:

https://www.divinellamavineyards.com/llama-trekking-new 

https://triadmomsonmain.com/my-blog/triad-pumpkins-hay-rides/ 

https://www.arworkshop.com/winstonsalem/

Caitlin Shaw

Wake Forest '22

My name is Caitlin Shaw and I'm a junior at Wake Forest from Cincinnati, Ohio. I love reading, dancing, exercising, and playing with my French bulldogs. I write for Her Campus because I'm passionate about entertaining, inspiring, and lending advice to college girls like me :) I hope you enjoy reading my articles!
Taylor Knupp

Wake Forest '21

Taylor is a senior from Harrisburg, PA studying Business and Enterprise Management. She is the outgoing Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus at WFU. Taylor plans to move to New York City after graduation to work as a Business Analyst at Verizon.