This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

I am a firm believer that a holiday centered around eating massive amounts of food is a holiday worth celebrating. However, before you can indulge in your mom’s famous garlic mashed potatoes, you have to pick the perfect outfit: one that’s both fashionable and able to mask your imminent food baby. Here are a few outfit ideas that are sure to be both comfortable and cute for your best Turkey Day yet.

1. Sweater dress with sheer tights and booties.

Now that the weather is getting chillier, swap out your sun dress for a warmer sweater dress. Pair it with sheer black tights, or patterned tights to add a pop, and your favorite fall booties.

2. Turtle neck and skirt.

A cable knit turtle neck is a fall staple. Pair this with a cute skirt, and you’ve got the perfect Thanksgiving look that’s both formal and comfortable for eating. Throw on a pair of knee-high or thigh-high boots for added style.

3. Flannel with ripped jeans.

If dresses aren’t your thing, or your Thanksgiving festivities are more casual side, you can always throw on a classic flannel and your favorite ripped jeans for a look that’s still put-together and festive.

4. Chunky scarf with leggings.

Scarves, the most underappreciated accessory, can completely turn around an otherwise plain outfit. Go for a bold print to balance out a solid colored top, or pair a neutral tone scarf with a black or white shirt. Throw on some leggings to keep it comfortable around your waistline.

5. Overall dress with sweater.

The last option is for those who want to try a trendier look. Pair an overall dress with a long sleeve top or sweater underneath. You can get creative here—don’t be afraid to mix prints and colors to create your ideal outfit.

Suchi Jain

Wake Forest '22

Suchi Singh Jain is a freshman at Wake Forest University, majoring in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology with a minor in Mathematics. Her hometown is Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, the Mushroom Capital of the World. She can't imagine a world without chocolate, sloths, and Dunkin Donuts caramel iced coffee, and she is passionate about social activism and gender equality. After graduation, she plans to pursue a career in the medical field and mother many dogs.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.