burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Looks from NY Fashion Week that We Want to See On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

It’s two weeks past Labor Day and we’re still sweating out the end of summer in Winston-Salem. In New York City, however, editors, merchandisers and designers are already looking forward to winter’s end at the Spring 2015 ready-to-wear fashion shows. In celebration of the return of Wake Forest’s fine fall traditions – and in an attempt to justify the amount of time I spend procrastinating on Vogue.com – here are five looks from the shows that we dream of seeing on campus before winter:

1) For your hardest class:

They say “dress well, test well,” and this matching gingham set from Diane von Furstenberg gets high marks.

Image: Diane von Furstenburg Spring 15 RTW courtesy of Vogue.com.

2) Fringe for formal:

In The Devil Wears Prada Stanley Tucci tells Anne Hathaway that she’s “desperately in need of Chanel,” but this fall – Wake Forest is definitely in need of fringe courtesy of Proenza Schouler. This is the coolest LBD in all of sorority-land.

Image: Proenza Schouler Spring 15 RTW courtesy of Vogue.com.

3) For weekend Pit breakfasts:

If Lacoste says dresses that look like sweatshirts are acceptable, I am 100% on board (please note the vaguely nautical print that inspired that pun). Especially when it comes to sitting around eating pancakes and piecing together last night’s shenanigans.

Image: Lacoste Spring 15 RTW courtesy of Vogue.com.

4) You’re golden for tailgates:

Let your Deacon spirit really show in this Altuzarra gown. Sure you’ll have to keep your hem out of the mud, but what better way to show off your cowboy boots.

Image: Altuzarra Spring 15 RTW courtesy of Vogue.com.

5) For when you wish you were in London: Or Paris. Or really anywhere but ZSR at midnight when the cleaning staff invades. Bonus points for rocking this slick Theory look with a Burberry Prorsum Fall ‘14 cape for extra warmth.     

Images: Theory Spring 15 RTW and Burberry Prorsum Fall 14 RTW courtesy of Vogue.com.

Lauren Friezo

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for News and Content Uploader. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise and Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies. Expected graduation in May 2015.