This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.
Spooky Socks

There is a wide variety of Halloween socks. Some have dogs dressed up as pumpkins or traditional jack-o-lanterns, and they come in no show or ankle-high length. No matter your style, Halloween socks can add a subtle spooky vibe to your outfit! You can find them at stores like Old Navy or Target.

Halloween Masks

Since masks have become a new method of self-expression, why not show off your Halloween spirit with a pop of orange, black, or purple? Any cute fabric with little ghosts or pumpkins could be made into a mask if you have a crafty grandmother, mom, or aunt. But, if you don’t, do not worry! Many Etsy shops are selling themed masks for Halloween. Check out @CarolArtBoutique for great themed masks, as well as everyday ones!

Spooky Stationery

Stationery is one way to add a bit of pumpkin spice to your coursework this fall! They can simply follow traditional Halloween colors, or they can have little images on them! I would consider getting something like post-it notes, but a full pad of paper would not hurt! MochiThings is an amazing website with many types of stationery, including cute pumpkin and ghost shaped sticky notes. But if you are interested in a Halloween themed paper, I would recommend Paper Direct.

Halloween Room Décor

To help get in the spooky spirit it might be a good idea to get some wall décor or little pumpkins to put in your room! This is of course not limited to Halloween themed items and if you love fall as much as me, you might want to invest in some cute autumn themed décor! Target has an amazing selection of Halloween room decorations and regular fall decorations. If you are interested exclusively in autumn decorations, I would suggest Hobby Lobby because they have a wide variety of fall décor!

Halloween Wallpapers

Something that always gets me into the spirit of any holiday is changing my wallpapers on my phone and laptop! It is always fun to find little things that can brighten your day and typically my themed wallpapers do that for me! I would suggest going on Pinterest and searching, “Halloween themed wallpaper,” but you can substitute Halloween for fall if you want something you can keep through the whole season! After the new IOS update, you can even make your home screen completely Halloween themed with spooky shortcuts and widgets!

I hope these ideas add some spooky spirit to your month as we start the countdown to Halloween! It may look a little different this year because of Covid-19, but everyone should still enjoy the holiday and the fun it brings!

Basia Scott

Wake Forest '24

Basia Scott is a sophomore from Greer, South Carolina, majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Politics and International Affairs. Alongside acting as a Her Campus editor, she serves as the PR chair for Woof Forest (a charity-based student organization benefitting the Forsyth Humane Society).
Taylor Knupp

Wake Forest '21

Taylor is a senior from Harrisburg, PA studying Business and Enterprise Management. She is the outgoing Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus at WFU. Taylor plans to move to New York City after graduation to work as a Business Analyst at Verizon.