4 Reasons to (Re)Watch the Marvel Movies in Timeline Order

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.
You might end up liking some characters more!

I have never been the biggest fan of Iron Man (Tony Stark), but since I went back and watched the Iron Man movies in the context of the timeline, I have a much better understanding of his character. I can understand his tendencies and his motives much better than I could previously, leading to me empathize with him more. Similarly, Loki was never very high on my favorite character list, but having rewatched the movies he is definitely a lot more complicated than I initially thought. I think since the movies have been being made for so long, it was easy for me to become disconnected from the characters. So, rewatching them over a shorter period of time allows for more connection because you do not have years between where you could forget the traits, habits, and experiences of the Marvel characters. 

The little details make a lot more sense.

I will not spoil anything! But rewatching the movies (especially in timeline order), allows you to see a lot more of the easter eggs and foreshadowing that take place throughout the movies and in the post-credit scenes. 

It gives you something to do.

I am a total sucker for binge-watching TV shows, but I have been having a hard time finding new shows to watch. Watching these movies definitely gives you a way to spend your time as they average around 2 hours long! Though it might not be the most fun for background entertainment, rather they might be better for intensive watching. This makes them great for watching on weekends with some popcorn!

It is very likely to revive your Marvel obsession.

Rewatching the movies and gaining a deeper understanding from watching them in chronological order will revive some of the amazement felt when originally watching the films. Now, you may know what is going to happen, but this gives you a chance to look deeper and find things you might have missed. Given the vast amount of movies in the timeline and new shows being released, it is a wonderful pastime that can bring hours of enjoyment. 

Basia Scott

Wake Forest '24

Basia Scott is a sophomore from Greer, South Carolina, majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Politics and International Affairs. Alongside acting as a Her Campus editor, she serves as the PR chair for Woof Forest (a charity-based student organization benefitting the Forsyth Humane Society).
Taylor Knupp

Wake Forest '21

Taylor is a senior from Harrisburg, PA studying Business and Enterprise Management. She is the outgoing Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus at WFU. Taylor plans to move to New York City after graduation to work as a Business Analyst at Verizon.