Life > Experiences

4 Cold Weather Activities To Do With Friends!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

With the colder season approaching, many of the activities that we enjoy doing are no longer possible. Whether it’s running outside, sitting out on the quad, or walking to a local restaurant, many college students find entertainment in outdoor activities. However, just because the temperatures are dropping doesn’t mean you can’t still be social or spend time with your friends. The colder weather is a perfect reason to explore new activities. Here are some examples of new and unique activities that you can try with your friends when the weather starts to get too cold.

1. Thrifting

Thrift shopping has started to become more popular among young people today. Along with being environmentally friendly, thrifting introduces people to a fun new experience while providing the satisfaction of budget-friendly purchases. It also forces you to explore new styles and aesthetics, and you get to go home with unique pieces! What better way to explore this new experience than with a friend. My favorite challenge is picking out clothes for each other, and testing how well you really know your friends.

2. Going to the gym

The cold season often brings some feelings of sadness and low energy. Starting a habit of going to the gym can be a perfect solution to this. While some may be used to running outside, being forced to work out inside can help you explore new types of workouts that you may fall in love with. Bringing a friend to the gym can help increase motivation and reduce anxiety and fears that may come with going to the gym. Friends at the gym can also help you explore new workouts and activities. At the end of the day, the gym can have you feeling energetic, motivated, and help you create a stronger connection with your friends.

3. exploring campus at night

4. cooking

This one may seem very basic, but the comfort of a home-cooked meal can work wonders during the winter season. Next time you’re craving some good food that isn’t from your cafeteria, consider grabbing a friend and attempting to cook a comforting meal with them. Whether it’s a hot meal inside or s’mores on the grill outside, this activity could be just what you need for your next night in!

Aarya Deshmukh

Wake Forest '24

Aarya is a sophomore at Wake Forest University studying business and philosophy. She loves all forms of art especially theatre and painting. In her free time she can be found at the gym trying new workouts or trying out a new recipe in the kitchen!