3 Statement Coats to Add to Your Fall Closet ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

Fall has officially taken ahold of campus. The leaves have already turned, and some have started to border paths and the quad. One tricky thing about living in Winston-Salem is the weather, especially during fall. Some mornings you wake up, and it’s 30 degrees only to for the temperature to reach the mid 70’s by the heat of the day. However, as October rolls on, the days seem to be getting progressively chillier, which I’m excited about! I’m ready to pull my fall and winter coats out of the closet. After looking at several colder weather-wear collections, I think these three coats will give you versatility and flair!

1. Coat with Textured Cuffs, Zara.com ($199.00 USD)

This coat scores major style points due to it’s furry cuffs. An elegant way to add a little flair without going overboard.

2. Mohair wool-blend coat, Millennial Pink, Mango.com ($199.99 USD)

You get a two-for-one deal with this coat. Long duster-style coats are on-trend right now as is the color baby/millennial pink. I think it would pair well with a black and white skirt, white shirt with a peter pan collar, and black ankle boots.

3. ASOS Coat in Vintage Faux Fur, Brown, ASOS.com ($103.00 USD)

Faux Fur just screams decadence and a certain je ne sais quoi.

Mia Wilson

Wake Forest

Mia Wilson is a senior English and French double major at Wake Forest University. When not in class or studying frantically, she enjoys working out in the gym, catching up on the latest fashion trends and napping. Her hobbies include traveling, her Maltese Nahla and drinking Starbucks. Catch her on Instagram @mwilson__14
Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!