3 Best Coffee Shops in Winston Salem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

This year I have spent a lot of time dedicating myself to finding good coffee shops. I found it absolutely essential to try all the places I have heard of in order to find the places to go back to. I have been to many of them and have narrowed down my three favorites!

Krankies Coffee

Krankies is by far the best coffee shop in all of Winston-Salem. It is honestly one of the best coffee shops I have been to in my life. Not only is it quality coffee, but the food is also amazing. Sometimes it is hard to find a place that has good coffee and good food. Often times coffee shops have good pastries or mediocre pastries, but Krankies has a full menu full of amazing options. My personal favorite meal there is the sausage, egg, and cheese on a biscuit. I am not a huge biscuit girl, but their biscuits are so soft and fluffy. It is also extremely filling. The ambience and general vibe of Krankies also adds to how amazing it is as well. It is a very unique, chill, and quirky kind of vibe that I very much appreciate.

House of Paradox

House of Paradox is a hidden gem. It is never very crowded and in my personal opinion it is very much underrated. They have an amazing nitro and of course latte, but what they also have are amazing belgian waffles. These are hands-down the best belgian waffles I have ever had. They are a perfect compliment to the coffee as well. Aside from waffles they have other fresh and unique pastries because the owner is not only passionate about coffee, but also loves to bake. It is more of a modern coffee shop kind of vibe with unique furniture and a very glassy look. It is honestly a great spot and I hope that others will soon discover it as well.

Ardmore Coffee

While I have not been here that many times the coffee has always been amazing. I again recommend getting a latte here. It is a nice quiet spot with a grab a seat kind of wherever vibe and enjoy your coffee. The space itself is a little crammed in my opinion, but it is worth it because of the quality of the coffee.

I hope you have enjoyed these recommendations and decide to try these places!

Carly Newell

Wake Forest '22

Carly is a freshman at Wake Forest University who is from Arlington, Massachusetts. She is also a member of the Wake Forest Club Volleyball Team and the Love Your Melon Campus Crew. She loves chocolate chip cookies and romantic comedies.
Haley Callicott

Wake Forest '19

Haley is a current senior at Wake Forest University majoring in business and minoring in writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for HC Wake Forest, a member of Kappa Beta Gamma and an undergraduate advisor for the Student Advisory Board.