The 20 Stages of Carolina Cup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

1. You wake up at 5 a.m. and attempt to do your makeup half asleep/in the dark.

2. You take your first swig of the day…

3. While getting dressed, you glance at yourself in the mirror. You haven’t seen this much pink and lace since Easter…in 2nd grade.

4. You race in front of the line for the bus so you can hijack the back seats with your main girls.

5. 30 minutes pass and it’s dawned on you that it’s 6:30 a.m. Naptime!

6. 5 minutes later the drunkest Deacon on the bus throws up. Commence the eye rolling and nose holding.

7. You stop for the 4th time because the bus toilet overflowed.

8. Finally, you arrive.

9. It’s only noon and one of your friends is already on the golf cart headed for Carolina Cup jail.

10. But it’s okay because you’ve found your best friend from USC!

11. You finally make it to the tailgate only to discover there is NO Bojangles left.

12. So you rummage through someone else’s tent and down some BBQ.

13. WAIT. Let me take a selfie.

14. 3 p.m. You’re tired so you take a nap on a barrel of hay. Comfy!

15. OMG! There are horses here?!

16. It’s time to head back so you face the sea of buses…

17. And pray you’ll get on one heading to Wake.

18. 30 minutes later and your bus is still backed up because 5 people are missing…

19. On your way home you watch your skin as it transforms from “sunless” to “sunburnt.”

20. Time for another nap, floppy hat in hand.

*Cover image from Summertime Addict Tumblr 

*This article is not intended to promote or support underage alcoholic consumption.

Cassie Brown

Wake Forest

Editorial Campus Correspondent. Former Section Editor for Campus Cutie. Writer for Her Campus Wake Forest. English major with a double minor in Journalism and Communication. Expected graduation in May 2014.