20 Fun Things To Do If You Are Staying At Wake For Fall Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wake Forest chapter.

So, you’re hanging at good ole Wake Forest during Fall Break. Don’t let yourself get down in the dumps about not being somewhere fun outside of Winston-Salem; there are plenty of fun things to do right here! Use your break wisely and do a few of these fun things!

1. Have a movie marathon with some friends. Harry Potter, anyone?

2. Try a new restaurant (Harry Kahuna is a new one of my faves!)

3. Paint your nails. Check out this HC Wake Forest article about the latest nail trends!

4. Go to a Wake sporting event. Men’s soccer is tonight at Spry Stadium at 7pm!

5. Go to a local high school football game.

6. Wander around Bethabara: a historic site five minutes down the road from Wake, this nature preserve was once a fort to protect the new settlers as they built Old Salem. 

7. Wander around Old Salem and munch on a sweet bun.

8. Detox your body after a crazy midterm week at a hot yoga class. I’ve recently started going to Hot Dogz yoga in Reynolda Village. All the class are warm or hot style and each class is different!

9. Clean your room. Yes, that laundry is calling your name to get cleaned.

10. Call your family– siblings, grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles…

11. Paint something- a tea mug or a new canvas to decorate your room.

12. Go shopping at Hanes Mall. Forever 21 is always my go to!

13. Pick out a Halloween costume! It is coming up after all!

14. Get ahead on homework.

15. Or give yourself a break from homework.

16. Go grocery shopping and cook something new.

17. Go to the movies or watch the latest sports game. (In case I haven’t talked about it enough, the Chicago Cubs play the LA Dodgers tonight at 8pm EST!)

18. Take a nap.

19. Go on a hike- I personally love Hanging Rock! It’s only a quick 45 minute drive from campus, and your Instagram is sure to explode with tons of likes from your nature pics.

20. Give yourself time to recharge so you can conquer the last half of the semester.

Have a great break, Deacs!

Cover photo courtesy of: http://users.wfu.edu/shawms15/images/wakefall.jpg 

Hailing from Chicago, this Midwesterner turned Southern Belle is the Editor-in-Chief of Wake Forest University's chapter. When she isn't journaling for fun in her free time, she is obsessed with running around campus in giant sunglasses, wearing gold glitter eyeliner, and munching on trail mix. She's still struggling on saying "y'all" and not "guys" and has yet to try Cookout's legendary milkshakes. Follow her on twitter @Hmonyek!