This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

October was one of my favorite times of the year when I was little because I loved watching Halloween Disney movies and eating popcorn. Even though I don’t sit at home watching Disney shows and movies like I used to, I still enjoy going onto Disney + and picking out something to watch. I have made a list of my favorite Monstober movies and tv show episodes below. 

Halloweentown

Halloweentown is one of my all-time favorite Halloween movies. I love all of the Halloweentown movies and the nostalgia each one of them brings me. When I was little, I thought witches were one of the coolest out of all the other monsters. I thought that the idea of casting spells and riding brooms was just so cool and that made me love these movies so much more.

Twitches 

Twitches is another one of my favorites because I always thought it would be so cool to have a sister, let alonTwitches is another one of my favorites because I always thought it would be cool to have a sister, let alone a twin. Don’t get me wrong — I love my brothers, but something about a twin sister always seemed cool. I think this movie did a great job of what it was like having siblings.

Girl vs. Monster

I’ve always loved this movie — I thought it was so cool that Skylar faced her biggest fear by fighting monsters, but that couldn’t be me because I still have to sleep with the closet door closed. I remember when I was younger this movie freaked me out the first time I watched it because of the machine that her parents had in her basement and it made me wonder what my parents were hiding in ours. I also really enjoyed listening to the music in this movie.

Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus had to be added because so many people love this movie and it’s really good! I have already watched this movie this month along with the new one, Hocus Pocus 2. I think Disney did a good job with the remake but it will never beat the original.

TV Shows 

A.N.T Farm, Hannah Montana, Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, and The Suite Life on A.N.T. Farm, Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, and The Suite Life on Deck had some of my favorite Halloween episodes. I watch these every year just because of how much I loved them as a kid. The Halloween episodes for these shows were the best!

I hope you find something fun to watch this Monstober that brings you the same amount of joy that these movies and shows brought me. Disney movies always have and always will have such a special place in my heart. Happy Halloween!

Katie Tuggle

Virginia Tech '25

Hi, my name is Katie and I'm a senior majoring in psychology. I love being around my friends and family, chasing sunsets, listening to music, and driving around. I am so happy to be a part of the Her Campus writing team because I feel like I have found a place where my voice gets heard. Her Campus allows me to tell my stories without being interrupted and it gives me a place to be my true self.