Life > Experiences

Ways to Spend Valentine’s Day With Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

When people think of Valentine’s Day, they most likely think of it being a day to spend with a significant other. While it is traditionally thought that way, it can also be a day to just spend it with the people you most appreciate in your life. The following are ways to spend February 14th with friends.

Movie Night

Grab some snacks and blankets and spend the night watching movies. Whether you like romcoms or action movies, this is a great way to spend the night with your friends.

Go Out to Dinner

Take your friends to a nice restaurant or to something more low-key. Going out to eat may be hectic on a day like Valentine’s Day, but you could always make reservations and spend an amazing night with the people you love

Make Dinner at Home

If going out doesn’t seem like something you would want to do maybe try cooking dinner. Grab some friends and get in the kitchen to make some home cooked meals. It will be a great way to make memories while cooking together. Also, you could have a potluck where everyone brings their own dish to someone’s house.

Have a Spa Night

Grab some face masks and have a spa night at home with some of you spa loving friends. While going to a spa will most likely be filled with couples, having a spa night can be filled with laughter and good times.

Go to the Movies

Don’t feel like staying in and watching movies you watched a million times? Maybe go to the movies and see something new. Check the listing at your local movie theater and find something that you and your friends will love.

Secret Cupid Gift Exchange

Just like Secret Santa, you just put all of your friends names in a hat and one by one pull out someone’s name. Whoever you get, you would get a gift for them. When Valentine’s Day comes around, everyone who participated would get together and exchange gifts. This a way to be able to spend time with your friends as well as treat them.

Have a Game Night

Pull out cards against humanity or play some trivia. A game night is a way to have a night that is full of laughs and includes something that everyone will love.

Hopefully with this list you and your besties could find something you all can enjoy together on Valentines day

Kate Renz

Virginia Tech '22

Public relations major minoring in cinema. In my free time, I love to spend time with friends and watch movies!