The Best Places To Buy Holiday Gifts In Blacksburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Holiday shopping can be extremely tough, especially during the height of finals season. It also doesn’t help that we are located in the small town of Blacksburg, where we don’t have access to a giant mall with every store we can think of. I decided to put together a guide of stores in Blacksburg that you should visit to find gifts for everyone on your list.

Blacksburg Books

If there’s a reader in your life that you need to find a present for, be sure to browse Blacksburg Books for a thoughtful gift for them. This shop has all of the hottest books in stock, as well as classics that my appeal to an older audience. One of the unique items for sale at Blacksburg Books is their “Blind Date with a Book.” They wrap books up in brown paper and write a vague description of the plot on the wrapping. Such a great idea for a fun mystery gift. They also have locally made crafts and snacks for sale which are the perfect finishing touch for your present. Blacksburg Books is at the top of the Downtown Blacksburg shopping strip.

Exper-T’s

Are you shopping for a sorority or fraternity member? Exper-T’s has a storefront full of unique gifts like tumbler cups, keychains, hats, hoodies and tote bags that are personalized to a different sorority or fraternity chapters. There is also a great selection of Hokie apparel that you should check out. Expert-T’s is located in the Food Lion shopping center. 

Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia is a gifting paradise. The gift shop connected to the ice cream store has tons of items from brands like Swig, Nora Fleming, Lily Pulitzer, Sugarfina and more. They also have beautiful and unique cards and gift wrapping to finish off your present. I got my cousins Harry Potter themed puzzles from Sugar Magnolia last year and they were a hit! Don’t forget to grab a scoop of ice cream after you shop. Sugar Magnolia is in Downtown Blacksburg.

gourmet pantry

Gourmet Pantry is the place to go for all gifts cooking related. They have an amazing selection of charcuterie-related items like cheeses, meats and even the boards. Their platters and serving ware will be the perfect hostess gift if you’re attending a holiday party. If you’re shopping for a Blacksburg local, a cooking class at Gourmet Pantry would be a creative gift idea that the recipient will love. Gourmet Pantry is located in Downtown Blacksburg just up the street from Mellow Mushroom.

310 Rosemont

If you’re looking for a fashion-related gift, 310 Rosemont is the place to go. The store is filled with trendy pieces from sweaters to cowgirl boots to purses. They also have a huge case of jewelry and earrings. 310 Rosemont also carries brands like Kendra Scott, Canada Goose and ON Running shoes. 310 Rosemont is located in Downtown Blacksburg next to Wells Fargo Bank. 

The Blacksburg Farmer’s Market

A great way to shop locally for gifts is by attending the Blacksburg Farmer’s Market to be able to see tons of venders and gift options in one place. The Farmer’s Market is open Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. and Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. You can find a list of current vendors on their website. 

Emily Thexton

Virginia Tech '23

Senior studying Public Relations with minors in Digital Marketing Strategy and Women's and Gender Studies. I serve as our Campus Correspondent and love to spend my free time cooking new recipes, reading, traveling and exploring Blacksburg with my friends.