This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

This was my first Halloweekend as a freshman at Virginia Tech, and I am pleased to say that the costumes did not disappoint. I’m already thinking about what to wear next year. Here are some of my favorites and how to recreate them:

The Lalasmiling Girl In Mickey Mouse Ears
Her Campus Media
Kiss, Marry, Kill

This is the perfect trio costume, and I thought it was super creative. All you’ll need is three best friends: one in a red dress with lipstick marks to accessorize, another in a white dress with a veil or bouquet, and the last friend in a black dress with fake blood to seal the deal.

Mermaid man and barnacle boy

This costume is the best of both worlds for the duo that can’t decide between a silly costume or a cute one. Mermaid Man will need an orange top with a purple bra or bikini top over it, black shorts, and purple starfish makeup. Barnacle Boy should wear a red top, blue bandana around their neck, and black shorts. Feel free to accessorize further with Barnacle Boy’s sailor hat or Mermaid Man’s pink slippers.

Russell from “Up”

This one doesn’t require a group, but other characters from the movie could be incorporated if you like. Russell’s costume needs khaki shorts and a matching shirt complete with a sash full of wilderness scout patches. You could accessorize further with an orange bandana around your neck and a baseball cap.

Queen of hearts

This is by far one of the cutest costumes on this list. Queen of Hearts is easily done in head to toe red and black. Try it with a corset top, tutu skirt, a crown and her signature makeup. You can even tuck some playing cards into your top or skirt.

Duck Dynasty

If you’re not looking for a sexy costume but still want to make a statement, going as the Duck Dynasty cast with a group of friends may be perfect for you. You’ll need everything camo, of course, accompanied by fake beards and duck call necklaces.

The lorax

Saving the best for last, consider going as The Lorax next Halloween. You could recruit some friends to be The Onceler and some of the Truffula-dwelling animals or shine all on your own. For this costume, you’ll need to be dressed entirely in orange and wear a massive blonde fake mustache (eyebrows too). You may even want to bring a fake plant as a prop since he speaks for the trees.

halloween costumes enneagram types?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020
Anna Gomer

Virginia Tech '27

Anna Gomer is a freshman studying Environmental Conservation and Society at Virginia Tech. Her favorite things about Virginia Tech are the beautiful campus and the school spirit! Aside from Her Campus, she is also involved in other student organizations such as Service Without Borders, Partners of Montgomery County Animal Shelter, Wishmakers, and The Women's Network! Her hobbies include dancing, traveling, cooking, and yoga. Anna enjoys writing articles about sustainability, beauty, fashion, and food/recipes. Next year she is studying abroad in Switzerland for a semester and is looking forward to writing about that experience!