This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Something about holiday TV episodes gets us all excited for that time of year. Here are some of my absolute favorites. These can all be found on Amazon prime, Netflix, or HBO Max. 

Gossip Girl 

My all-time favorite Thanksgiving TV episode has got to be Gossip Girl season 1, episode 9, “Blair Waldorf Must Pie”. In this episode, the Vanderwoodsen family spends Thanksgiving alone in their hotel. When Dan Humphrey finds out, he invites them over for Thanksgiving dinner at the Humphry household. The drama between Rufus Humphrey and Lily Vanderwoodsen sparked rumors of their past romance. Along with Blair’s shock when she finds out that her dad won’t be coming home for the holidays. The drama mixed with the dramatic soundtrack all comes together to create a fabulous upper east side Thanksgiving.

Friends

This is a special episode because it incorporates flashbacks from all the previous friends’ Thanksgiving episodes. This one is season 5, episode 8, “The One With All The Thanksgivings”. Monica plans to cook a giant Thanksgiving feast while Ross continues to complain of his divorce. The not so great Thanksgiving leads the Friends group to reminisce on their previous Thanksgivings spent together. And yes, a turkey ends up on someone’s head. 

New Girl

Jess really outdid herself on this one. This is season 2, episode 8, “Parents”. Jess invites both of her parents to her Thanksgiving dinner with the guys. When they show up at the same time, Jess brews up a parent trap. Let’s just say the plan didn’t go the way she had planned. 

Gilmore Girls

If we’re talking about holidays, you know Emily Gilmore is involved. This is season 3, episode 9, “A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving”. The Gilmore girls spread themselves a little thin when they agree to attend multiple Thanksgiving dinners. Emily and Richard Gilmore expect them for their dinner, as do Sookie, Luke, and Lane. The girls are left to tackle four giant Thanksgiving dinners and a secret of Rory’s is let loose. 

Charlie Brown

This episode is my childhood favorite. This episode is “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”. Charlie Brown has plans to visit his grandmother for Thanksgiving, but Peppermint Patty has other plans. Patty invites everyone over to Charlie Brown. This is a classic, and the soundtrack is my ultimate favorite. 

Allera Bee

Virginia Tech '26

My name is Allera (Ally) Bee and I am a student at Virginia Tech. I am from Cincinnati, Ohio and I am studying multimedia journalism.