This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Everyone used to tell me that I will blink and college will flash before my eyes, that it is the fastest four years of our lives and comes to end quickly whether we like it or not. Well, they are absolutely right. We only have a month left of second semester. Some of us will be graduating while the rest of us will move up a year. Right now, we all have a bunch of stress and things on our mind like finals, internships and jobs.

While those are all important to worry about, there may be something else on your mind. Perhaps you’re wondering what you can binge watch on Netflix over summer break! Let me help you ease your worries with a compiled list of shows that are perfect for this stress-free break. I’ve even broken them down into genres!

Comedy  

Friends

The Office

If you haven’t already experienced the relationship between Jim and Pam or Michael Scott’s quirky management style, then you are for real living under a rock. You will create a bond with every person that steps into Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company (even Toby Flenderson) and you will definitely cry when it is over.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Parks and Recreation

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Santa Clarita Diet

Did you miss seeing Drew Barrymore on TV? You won’t want to miss her on this new show provided by Netflix. It’s hilariously gross and you’ll  def want to see her navigate being zombie mom (spoiler alert) with her hottie husband!

Jane the Virgin

New Girl

Intense Teenage Drama

Gossip Girl

One Tree Hill 

The Scott brothers. Need I say more? They are gorgeous and sporty. They are total heartthrobs that will make you wish that you lived in Tree Hill, North Carolina (it’s a completely made up place, but still). Also, we can’t forget our GIRL POWER here Brooke Davis. You will hate her and want to be her best friend in one episode. If you devote your entire summer to this show, you will NOT regret it!

Freaks and Geeks

Vampire Diaries

Shows that will make you say “WHAT?!”

Black Mirror

Stranger Things

There is nothing better than an 80’s themed, creepy style show. This show is a total nail bitter and you are going to want to skip forward as fast as possible to see what happens next. Make sure to have a cuddle buddy on hand, it’ll get a little scary!

Revenge

Criminal Minds

Netflix MUST watch

The Crown

Gilmore Girls

13 Reasons Why

I really want everyone to watch this show over the summer if they have not already. There are so many events that take place in this show that needs to be talked about and brought up in our society. You’d think it’s just about a girl who lost love but it’s much, much deeper than that. Netflix really did not hold back on us and it can be hard to watch at times so take caution. Hannah Baker will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions in 13 episodes.

I hope this list has at least eased your summer break binge watching stress a little bit. Forewarning, these shows are extremely addicting! Make sure you’re cup is filled and have snacks nearby, because you are not going to want to take your eyes off of the TV.

Image Sources: Giphy.com

Hey I'm Celia! I am a Marketing Management major here at Virginia Tech. There are three things that I love most in this world and they are (in this order) dogs, DUNKIN and Chipotle. If I'm not coming up with new content for my next story you can catch drawing, reading or binging a new series on Netflix. To conclude this little bio, Michael Scott once said, "The only time I set the bar low is for limbo." I hope you guys enjoy reading!
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!