This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

The internet defines a “chill girl” as being easygoing, low maintenance, independent and relaxed about most situations. She’s the kind of girl that seems inherently cool and well-liked because she doesn’t participate in drama. Not every girl can be a chill girl, however, it is a blessing that some are born with and some are given. Having the privilege of being one may seem great from the outside but don’t be mistaken, chillness can have its disadvantages. Like:

She never has going out clothes

A chill wardrobe usually consists of t-shirts, sweatpants and jeans. Going out means having to buy fancier clothes…and shoes.

People get annoyed when all she wants to do is chill

A chill girl would usually rather stay in and relax rather than deal with a bunch of crowds or uncomfortable spaces. And when she does want to go out, it’s a huge event.

When she says “Netflix and chill”, she actually means Netflix and chill

Guys can get the wrong message from a chill girl’s chill attitude. They think her willingness to just hang out means she’s interested. But all she really wants to do is eat and binge watch.

She gets friend-zoned…a lot

This is another instance guys mistake a chill girl’s chill attitude. She starts to become one of the guys because she’s so cool to be around. Thus, she is friend-zoned and the guys start telling her about their girl problems and use her as a wing-women.

People assume she dates a lot of guys

Chill girls tend to have a lot of guy friends. Some misconstrued the friendships and think she’s dating multiple guys or that she puts out.

Everyone comes to her for advice

Since a chill girl is not usually involved in drama, everyone else comes to her with their drama hoping she can fix it. But they don’t realize that a chill girl doesn’t want any drama; hers or anyone else’s.

Images: Gigphy.com/

• attitude
  • chill
  • college
  • struggles
  • Sara is a Junior at VT studying Multimedia Journalism and Africana Studies. Way to her heart: Taco Bell, makeup, shopping. In that order.
    Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!