Style > Beauty

Step into Spring with the Her Campus Spring Survival Kit

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

After a long, snowy Blacksburg winter spring has finally come! With the rising temperature comes more dogs on the Drillfield, Eno’s strung between trees in residential quads and Saturdays spent at the farmer’s market. Springtime is a signal for fresh starts and new possibilities. With the warmer weather, revamping, and busy days ahead the Her Campus Spring 2018 Survival Kit is here to help you be your best self!

1. Alba Botanica® Hawaiian Green Tea Sunscreen SPF 45

I love an environmentally conscious brand, with their botanically based, 100% vegetarian personal care products Alba Botanica® is a dream come true! The Hawaiian Green Tea Sunscreen won’t leave your skin greasy and is water resistant, making this product a daily skin care routine staple. Even better, Alba Botanica® sunscreens are coral reef safe and biodegradable; protect your skin and the planet (who doesn’t love a win-win situation?). Free of oxybenzone, octinoxate, PABA, nano-sunscreens and Vitamin A, this sunscreen is packed with aloe vera, green tea and palm-kernel oil to help you Do Beautiful!

2) Almay Shadow Squad™ Eyeshadow

Your squad is always there for you and encourages you to be your most confident and vibrant self. Almay Shadow Squad™ Eyeshadow will be the dream squad of your makeup products! This monochromatic eyeshadow comes in four finishes that will be there for you for any event: satin, matte, metallic and glitter. Available in 15 shades, this eyeshadow is hypoallergenic, fragrance free and safe for sensitive skin.

3) Superstar Queen for a Day Spray Thickening Spray and Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray Bed Head by TIGI

This spring I promised myself that I would start mixing up my hair routine. Bed Head by TIGI products are the perfect way to do this with high performing products that are meant to play off of each other to make every day a good hair day. Superstar Queen for a Day Spray Thickening Spray gives you long lasting texture and volume! Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray is designed to lock in curls or waves, even better this product protects your mane from frizz and fights humidity! Try Bed Head by TIGI today and as a Her Campus reader you’ll receive

$5 off any qualifying $20 TIGI purchase on Ulta.com with coupon code TIGIFIVE.

4) Buxom’s Va-Va-Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick in Wine Me

Spring pastels are pretty but nothing beats a strong, bold lip color. Buxom Cosmetics works to encourage you to embrace your bombshell and is beloved for their tingling lip pumping action. The one-of-a-kind applicator hugs your lip and gives rich, satin-shine texture in one swipe for an enviable, sultry pout. Not only will Va-Va-Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick have you feeling sexy and confident but the color is long-lasting and comfortable.

4) Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles

If you are like me, then the warm weather makes you ambitious to try out your crafting skills. Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles are perfect for spring DIYs with their super-strong, fast-drying adhesive that beats the bottle of glue you’ve had in your craft box for five years. If crafting isn’t your thing, Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles work wonders on broken items; bonding to wood, metal, plastics, glass, vinyl & ceramics for a fast fix!

5) L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes

While the temperature is rising, it’s not summer yet. L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes have you covered for impromptu cookouts, hikes, and Insta-worthy activities that you want to look tanned in! With a simple swipe on desired area, these towelettes will have your skin looking like a natural tan, streak free in only 2-4 hours! Their small size makes them perfect for your weekender bag or suitcase!

Jessica Mardian

Virginia Tech '21

Jessica is a senior at Virginia Tech, double majoring in Creative Writing and Multimedia Journalism. 
Chera Longfritz

Virginia Tech

Just a funky lil girl trying to put my thoughts into relatable words!!! I've had the dream of being Anne Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada since I was like three. Maybe without being someone's bitch, but you know, everyone has to start somewhere.