Spring Makeup Trend: 5 Steps for Glossy Lids and Red Lips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Recently, celebrities and YouTube gurus have been creating looks with this spring’s easiest makeup trend. Glossy lids and red lips have been debuted by celebrities like Karrueche and numerous YouTubers like Teni Panosian.

This simple and fresh look can be accomplished by just using a lip gloss or lip balm that you already have.

1. Start by doing your normal face base routine.

2. Then, apply the eyeshadow of your choice all over your lid. It can be anything from a bold pink, red or purple, to a nude, tan or peach.

3. Once you’re done, the final step is to use a glossy and shiny lip balm or lip gloss and apply it with your finger all over your lid where you put the eyeshadow.

4. Add some wispy lashes, or just put a couple layers of mascara, and your favorite red lip and you’re finished!

Optional: 5If you’re feeling like something is missing, you could also add some shadow and/or gloss on your bottom lash line to add to the look!

@leahdarcymakeup did this glossy lid red lip look on Karrueche, showing off Karrueche’s #KAEPOP products with Colourpop Cosmetics.

The timeless look of a red lip is always relevant, regardless of season. But for this spring, we see the classic red lip enhanced with a glossed finish and sharp lining. To gauge what color is best for your skin, sample cooler and warmer shades on your wrist and hand. Coral shades offer a bolder look than the typical pale pink that is indicative of spring. 

@tenipanosian, a YouTube guru, showed off the glossy lid look she created and even has a video on how to achieve this look.

Glossy lids can be achieved with finishing mists, highlighters, lip pigments as well as cheek pigments. Using products you already own is a smart way to carry looks from season to season. Be sure to coat the lid fully and to mimic the highlight across your cheeks and nose. Gloss can be utilized across a range of features to provide definition and healthy radiance. 

Spring is the opportunity to reinvent your routine. Whether it be picking a new fashion to try or sampling the latest beauty trends, mark down the various ways you’ll bloom.

Images: Cover/1/2

Kathrinna Hammon

Virginia Tech

I'm public relations and fashion merchandising and design major, i'm from Woodbridge, VA, I love beauty and fashion and writing for Her Campus at Virginia Tech.
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!