The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

November is Native American Heritage Month! This month is dedicated to celebrating the rich history and culture of Native people. Being part Native American myself, I am always excited to share the beauty and creativity of the Native community during this month and throughout the rest of the year. One way to celebrate this heritage month is by supporting Native-owned businesses. Here are six of my favorites:

Manitobah Mukluks

Manitobah Mukluks is headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada with a commitment to creating a quality brand that benefits indigenous communities globally. They are most known for their boots and moccasins, but they also have mittens, gloves, socks, hats, scarves, gaitors, blankets and product care kits.

In support of their vision and mission, they offer an indigenous market on their website. The market features various native artisans–100% of profits go back to the artisans.

Manitobah has a huge commitment to social impact with the authenticity behind their products and financial actions to support Native people.

Manitobah Mukluks Website

Ginew

Ginew is the first Native-owned denim line. It was started by husband and wife Erik Brodt of the Ojibwe Tribe and Amanda Bruegl of the Oneida Tribe and Stockbridge-Munsee Tribe. They currently live in Portland, Oregon.

They sell tops, bottoms, outerwear and accessories including hats, blankets and jewelry. Ginew incorporates Native American symbols and patterns into all their pieces.

Ginew Website

Indigo Arrows

Destiny Seymour of the Anishinaabe Tribe is an interior designer and founder of Indigo Arrows. She has a beautiful line of pillows, quilts and linens decorated with textile patterns that were used to adorn pottery from the peoples in Manitoba. She carefully crafts products made from high quality materials and non-toxic inks which reflects the company’s commitment to sustainable practices.

Indigo Arrows Website

Ah-Shi Beauty

The words “ah-shi beauty” translate to “this is my beauty” in the Navajo language. Ah-Shi Beauty is a Native American/Black-owned beauty brand.

Ahsaki Chachere, a Navajo and Black woman, is the CEO and founder. Ah-Shi Beauty is the first Native American beauty brand to release a full skincare and cosmetic collection. They ship globally and are currently regulated in the United States, Canada, Europe and the United Kingdom which ensures that all their products are cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, non comedogenic and paraben free.

Ah-Shi Beauty’s skincare products include gentle cleansers, exfoliators, hydrating creams and toners. Their cosmetic products include foundations, concealers, powders, colorful eyeshadows and lipsticks.

Ah-Shi Beauty Website

Prados Beauty

Cece Meadows is the CEO and founder of Prados Beauty. She lives in Las Cruces, New Mexico with her husband and four children. She is proud to be Xicana and Indigena from the Yoeme Tribe which is why she incorporates both cultures into her cosmetics and packaging designs. Each eyeshadow palette, lip gloss, blush, lashes kit and eyeliner reflect aspects of her cultures in both color and name.

Prados Beauty Website

Bison Star Naturals

Bison Star Naturals was launched in 2018 in New Mexico by husband and wife– Angelo and Jacqueline McHorse of the Taos Pueblo Tribe. They sell lotions, soaps, bath salts, lip balms, shampoos and conditioners. These products are made with organically, naturally and locally sourced ingredients.

Bison Star Naturals Website

Simone Smith

Virginia Tech '25

I am a junior at Virginia Tech pursuing a degree in Public Relations. I enjoy painting, hikes with friends, sunsets, and finding new music.