This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

The last six months have been chaotic for everyone. In addition to all we would typically be going through, the world seems to be falling apart around us.

As if that weren’t enough to deal with, the everyday parts of life that we have to take care of regardless seem to be an even bigger burden. Continuing your education, searching for post-graduation jobs, locating the perfect spot to call home as you begin your new career, nurturing relationships, spending time focusing on yourself— all of it can feel a bit overwhelming.

blonde woman with ponytail with her head in her hands leaning over a laptop
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels

All of the things listed above and more are on my to-do list at all times. I thrive off of staying busy. I crave constant movement. If you are anything like myself, quite often this results in piling on too many things at once and becoming extremely overwhelmed very quickly. The social, professional, and personal aspects of life are all interconnected and if you aren’t careful, they can become intertwined.

You want to take all aspects and keep them organized within one another to avoid any kind of stressful overload on yourself.

You can handle whatever it is that you need to do, as long as you take it one step at time. This concept can be applied regardless of what you have on your agenda.

a photo of an open planner
Free-Photos | Pixabay

Make a list of all that you are trying to accomplish; a daily or even weekly to-do list is always laying around my apartment.

Take each task on said list and start working. Whether you prefer knocking the easy stuff out first or getting the big undertakings out of the way immediately, progress is progress.

Rather than thinking of things as tasks, refer to them as goals. It makes them much easier to complete.

woman on rock climbing wall
Photo by yns plt on Unsplash

Any achievement is a big deal. Once you start taking on responsibilities and goals with this mindset you are much more likely to accomplish them smoothly.

This methodology may not work for everyone, but for those of you that are like me, hopefully this serves as a reminder that all you really need to do is, take a deep breath and get to work. You got this.

If truth be told, you have to take every part of life one step at a time. The social, professional, and personal aspects are always going to need work. One step at a time leads you to exactly where you need to be. 

Blonde Hair Blur Daylight Environment
Sebastian Voortman / Pexels

Eva Cregger

Virginia Tech '20

An old soul with modern views of the world that loves movies, music, traveling and anything sweet. Majoring in Communication Studies at Virginia Tech. I am a proud Hokie & HerCampus member
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!