Nelson Ward

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

Nelson Ward ‘12
Birthday: November 22, 1989
Hometown: Manassas, VA
Major: Political Science

Her Campus Virginia Tech: If TOTS named a drink after you, what would it be called and why?
Nelson Ward: Backwoods, because it would be whiskey based just like they like it in the mountains of Kentucky and West Virginia.

HCVT: Current song on repeat on your iPod?
NW: “Luckenbach, Texas” by Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson

HCVT: We all have celebrity crushes, who’s yours?
NW: Carrie Underwood

HVCT: Life Motto?
NW: Work hard, play hard

HCVT: Dream Job?
NW: President of the United States

HCVT: Favorite quality in a girl?
NW: Other than the obvious (personality and sense of humor) she must have a pretty smile.

HCVT: If you had to meet someone dead or alive who would it be, and why would you want to meet him or her?
NW: Abraham Lincoln because he was president during a crucial time in American history and through great leadership kept the nation together.

HCVT: Describe yourself in 3 words.
NW: Caring, hard working, and tall

Mallory Smith is a senior Sociology major at Scripps College, located in sunny Claremont, CA. Born in Denver, Colorado, Mallory spent her time growing up between England, China and The United States. As a result, she loves to travel and explore new places and cultures. In Claremont Mallory is editor of the Life and Style section of The Student Life Newspaper. She also writes for Beyond the Elms, Scripps College’s Career Planning and Resources blog, where she is writing about her soon-to-be journey into the real world. In her free time Mallory enjoys going to art galleries in downtown Los Angeles, hiking, going to the beach and scuba diving whenever she gets the chance.