CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
Style > Beauty

MY TOP FIVE MAKEUP STAPLES

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

I have been doing my makeup for the past six years. Well… it was more realistically practicing my liner for six years until I turned fifteen and started doing my own makeup. I would run away with my Mom’s liner and practice on the way to school. Let’s just say my Mom got many phone calls home. 

I’ll give one product from one routine, such as my base or eyes. Since I am a college student I will be including the price because I simply cannot drop over twenty dollars on a singular product. 

My first product has to be the Elf Power Grip Primer. For my horribly oily skin it has actually saved my makeup so much. I have done a split look with and without and trust me, my face without the primer looked like a soaking mess. 

The price is $9.99 and I use the pink one that contains niacinamide, which helps to reduce oil. 

My second product would be the Milani Color Corrector in the shade pumpkin. I naturally have dark circles so using a color corrector has changed my life. I put dots under my eyes and apply them around my face so my skin is evenly one color. 

The price is also $9.99 but it has a lot of products to last you a while. 

My third product is the NYX Liquid Felt Tip Pen. Let me tell you how my eyeliner has stayed PERFECT even when I’m absolutely crying my eyes out. I have also had it for about 4 months using it 3-5 times a week. 

The price again is $9.99 but for how much product it is perfect for the amount of product given. 

My fourth favorite product is something new but it is stellar. It’s the new Lash Xtnder Mascara. It lifts my lashes so well and every time I wear it I get tons of compliments about my lashes. 

The price is $7.00 

Last but not least is my favorite setting spray, Milani Makes It Last Setting Spray. As I have mentioned before my skin is so oily so having this setting spray really makes my makeup stay. 

The price is $9.99 but for killer makeup it’s worth the price.

Overall the products I use are what I love and I recommend that you give it a go. Trial and error is the beauty of makeup. So go out and experiment. And make sure to save money.

Hafsa Ayubi

Virginia Tech '27

I am currently a first-year student at Virginia Tech, with intentions to pursue a double major in Political Science and Communications. I am originally from Northern Virginia and I have a strong connection to my ethnic heritage. I have consistently derived pleasure from the act of writing, as it serves as a means for expressing my emotions. As I embark on the creation of my second book, I derive great pleasure from the freedom to express my passion through writing. My interest has always revolved around writing, encompassing a wide range of topics from pop culture to providing advice on navigating through the challenges of a breakup. I hope my writing can inspire and help people get through life and laugh a bit!