This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.
“Gilmore Girls”

While this pick is rather obvious, “Gilmore Girls” deserves its flowers as the ultimate show to watch during the fall season. Whether it’s the small-town charm of Stars Hollow, Lorelai’s fashionable yet questionably thin scarves, or just the general nostalgia of the Gilmore’s banter and everyday antics, this show is perfect for cozying up on the couch with, of course, a piping hot cup of coffee. You can watch “Gilmore Girls” on Netflix, Prime Video, and Apple TV.

“Pretty Little Liars”

The early seasons of this ABC Family hit are the definition of nostalgia. It has the perfect recipe for a fall drama: school, secrets, boy drama, and the occasional murder. While it is a much heavier watch than my other picks, “Pretty Little Liars” is a suspenseful, binge-worthy, thrilling show that you won’t be able to turn off. “Pretty Little Liars” can be found on Hulu, Apple TV, and Max.

“The vampire diaries”

Like “Pretty Little Liars,” “The Vampire Diaries” is another show that you will need a bit more than a blanket and a coffee to get through. This teen drama once took the world by storm in the 2010s, following the love triangle between its main characters, Stefan and Damon Salvatore, and Elena Gilbert. Yes, I know seven seasons is a significant commitment, but with the frequent coming-and-going characters, the eeriness of Mystic Falls, and the supernatural drama, this show will easily rope you in. You can find “The Vampire Diaries” on Max.

“Friday night lights”

As Archie Andrews once said, “You haven’t known the triumphs and defeats, the epic highs and lows of high school football.” Well, by watching “Friday Night Lights,” you undoubtedly will. Watching this show immediately transported me back to my own high school days, bundling up to prepare for the blows of the chilly fall night, standing at the front of the bleachers to obnoxiously cheer for my team. No, every single game did not somehow end with a hail-mary touchdown or nail-biting run with less than 5 seconds to go, but the relatable characters of this small Texas town make this my personal favorite fall rewatch. “Friday Night Lights” can be streamed on Peacock.

“SKAM: NorwAY”

“SKAM” is one of my favorite wild-card picks as it is more of a hidden gem, but specifically the Norweigan version of this show is a short and sweet drama-filled watch that will have you hooked from the second you start it. I will warn you that if you are not a fan of European television with English subtitles, this may not be for you. It should also be said, that the only way to watch this show may or may not be through questionable pursuits, which I can say, from a friend, is easily accessible if you do a bit of light research. This is another high-school drama, where each season focuses on one of the main characters, which I found really unique. If you are willing to take some extra lengths to watch a juicy European drama that is perfectly suited for fall, this show may be for you.

Ellen Muldowney

Virginia Tech '26

Ellen Muldowney is a sophomore Multimedia Journalism major at Virginia Tech!.She currently is an entertainment writer and editor at HerCampus and is also a member of the sports staff at the Collegiate Times. Her favorite topics to write about include pop culture, movie and album reviews, and politics. She has also been writing and editing for various school magazines since her freshman year of high school. Outside of writing, she loves to dance, listen to music, watch baseball (go O's!), and thrift. Her favorite artist at the moment is Fiona Apple. If you need music recommendations she is definitely your girl! You can listen to some of her recommendations on her radio show on WUVT, the local Virginia Tech radio station that airs throughout the New River Valley. She also love dogs, reading, fall weather, and binging TV shows. New Girl and Arrested Development are her go-to's.