My Top 10 Places to Christmas Shop Online

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Virginia Tech chapter.

It’s that time of year again folks — time to start spending money on Christmas presents! Everyone struggles with finding the perfect gift for the special people in their lives, and being a college student can make that even harder. Here in Blacksburg, we don’t necessarily have a lot of options when it comes to shopping. I do most of my shopping online, and here is my ranking of the best places to shop virtually:

10. Redbubble

Many of my friends and I love to decorate our laptops, water bottles or phones with stickers. Redbubble is definitely my favorite place to order stickers from, with themed accessories ranging from my favorite TV shows to Virginia Tech spirited items, or even my favorite dogs (Corgis, if anyone cares)!

9. DSW

If you’re taking me shopping, chances are I’m leaving with a pair of shoes. I grew up in an area with very little shopping, so my mom and I love to order shoes on DSW regularly. They have a huge selection, and on top of that they always give free shipping!

8. Personal Creations

Personal Creations isn’t as well known, but my mom introduced me to it when she bought my sister and her new husband their first christmas ornament last year. If you’re looking to give someone a special decoration for their tree this year, check this cute website out.

7. Old Navy

Old Navy is definitely on my mind today, particularly because I’m writing this article on Black Friday when Old Navy is offering 50 percent off their entire store. They’re always known for their good deals, but this is exceptionally great.

6. Boohoo

This website has great prices and almost always has a discount to offer — which is great for college students. Sometimes the cheap price is a reflection of the product quality, but a ton of YouTubers review them so you can look at their videos to determine what is worth buying.

5. ASOS

Slightly less popular than some of the other places on this list, this London based company offers free shipping and 10 percent off for college students 24/7. On top of this, they give you a phone call to let you know your package has been delivered to your door. Cool, right?

4. Amazon

You can’t talk about online shopping without mentioning good ole Amazon.com. From textbooks to technology accessories to clothes, Amazon is useful for buying just about anything. Plus you can’t forget the importance of Amazon Prime to us college students — it’s truly a blessing.

3. Target

If you think I’m going to make a list of my favorite places to shop and not mention Target, you do not know me at all. Target is amazing, and has almost anything you can think of. I still prefer shopping inside of my local Target (mostly because I go in for one item and leave with 10 new ones minus the actual item I needed), but I still appreciate Target online.

2. American Eagle

American Eagle is amazing, and they have the cutest fall sweaters. Sometimes they can be a little pricey, but you can get some good deals and discounts if you really look for them. I think mostly everyone can agree that at least one item from American Eagle is a need.

1. Etsy

Etsy is my absolute favorite place to shop for people around Christmas time, because they never fail to add a personal touch to some of the most basic gift ideas. Every holiday season I spend the most money shopping on Etsy — hands down. From hand-carved picture frames to personalized drum sticks, I’ve made some of the best Christmas purchases of my life on Etsy.

No matter where you buy your Christmas presents this year, remember the thought is what counts the most. Happy holidays everyone, and I wish you the best of luck with all your shopping!

Image Source: 1 | 2

Corinne Gorda

Virginia Tech '20

Proud Hokie alum and HC writer since 2017 here! I "graduated" from Tech in 2020 (Thanks COVID) with a degree in Public Relations, and I'm now a junior account executive for a PR agency. When I'm not working or writing, you can catch me spending time with my man, reading teen romance novels, or obsessing over my corgi.
Proud to be Virginia Tech's Her Campus chapter!